• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Transition from local to remote/external storage

Version
Website URL
https://images.squidge.org
PHP version
Database driver
MySQL
Database version
MariaDB V10.5.22
Web browser
Safari

walterhpdx

Chevereto Member
I was wondering if anyone has tried to convert from local storage to external, and if so, what advice do you have?

I started using Chevereto a few years back for fandom hosting when many fandom-friendly image hosting services started killing accounts without notice. It was just a couple dozen people at first, but now we're suddenly growing and I've got 135Gb of images on my local server. That's fine, but I'd like to transition to external storage. I did a search but didn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask here. Any info/guidance would be welcomed. Thanks!

That's a lot of storage, congrats.

It all depends on your target storage, but the general rule of thumb is to disable any kind of file versioning.

For some systems you will simply rsync, in other cases you will need a tool to move files. It is a lot of space, when doing it via CLI mind using screen to keep the session alive.

At Chevereto there's a dashboard tool enabling to migrate records from null (no storage) to your new target storage id.

I would not bother migrating to external storage for your CURRENT images. Configure external storage for new images going forward.

why not migrate the current images? Will the bb codes and markdown codes not work anymore?

To migrate i use rsync or scp via the command line. It's really simple and fast. I migrated 500GB or data from an old server to a new server the other day. It took about 30 minutes.

I used chatgpt to help me migrate a server. It told me all the commands.

Back