• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gioh

Chevereto Member
I'm constantly having to login, how can we control the length of this?

I always select "Keep me logged in" yet I always have to...log in. So what gives, where can I edit the length of time this actually keeps me logged in for?

It keeps you logged in long as your browser don't kill the cookie.

Why would a browser be killing the cookie?

Since I made this thread and got your reply, should I have still been logged in?

I didn't clear cookies, didn't do anything actually. I left my computer on and went to get dinner. lol

Most likely is a local issue, meaning that maybe is some configuration or some extension in your browser. Sadly I can't debug your browser.

lol, okay... I don't have this issue on any other site.

So is there no way to set the time limit on the cookie?

By default that cookie last 30 days, you won't get anything extending that time if your browser will keep killing the cookie.

Well, it's happening on multiple browsers for me.

How can I verify if the cookie is being set for 30 days?

Hmmmm maybe I know what is going on. Send me the website URL to check something really quick. (You can PM me or send an email to inbox@chevereto.com) if you don't want to keep the URL hidden.

Just tested and KEEP_LOGIN cookie is doing is job. I can even remove the current session cookie and the keep login cookie keeps me logged in. To check if the cookie is there you will need to open the browser's console (F12) > Go to Resources > Cookies. The cookie that you are looking for is KEEP_LOGIN.

If keep login is there and then it disappears then there is something really odd that is very hard to debug because I can't reproduce it.

Yeah it seems that the cookie is never stored in your browser. When do the other cookies say that they will expire?

Okay. I'll logon there in a few minutes before I leave my house for a few hours.

By default, all cheveretos should keep you logged in for 30 days then?

Yes, class.login.php

PHP:
setcookie('KEEP_LOGIN', $cookie, time()+(60*60*24*30), G_ROOT_PATH_RELATIVE);

Alright. Logged me out on chrome, but I'm still logged in via Safari.

I wonder what could be causing this on chrome.

Only site/service/software this happens on too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back