• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Thumbnail/Cover improvement

mikaa

Chevereto Member
💡Describe your Feature request

Hi,

I have an idea that's probably already been proposed:

I find that the cover/thumbnail system on an album isn't intuitive for the user. I think it would be easier to choose your cover/thumbnail by clicking directly on the album, without having to enter the image directly.

At the same time, it might be a good idea to be able to upload a thumbnail that isn't necessarily an image present in the album.

Surprised more people haven't been in favor of this suggestion, the ability to change the album cover to better suit the images / videos within is a very smart thing.

Surprised more people haven't been in favor of this suggestion, the ability to change the album cover to better suit the images / videos within is a very smart thing.
I agree, I don't think there are many active people on the forum and most people don't bother to upvote or they just like the post without upvoting :/

That you like something doesn't means you vote for it, I try to consider "likes" but the formal thing is the vote arrow.

breaking bad stuff GIF

^ not me Jessie 🤦🏼‍♂️ not me 😅

1723644868184.png

1723644947261.png

For example, since the Pokemon Album doesn't have any images but only sub-albums, it would be cool with this feature to be able to upload a cover directly.

Wait, your vote doesn't count just by clicking the like button on a thread??

i remember when xenforo added the upvote feature. I thought it was weird and confusing.
It confused users during that time and i see it still it confusing users.

They should of made an option that when liking it counts as the upvote or something. They over thought it.
I was liking things for the longest time thinking it counts as a vote.

As for albums i thought that it should automatically add 4 little thumbnails of the first uploaded media of that album and then you can change them.
This would let users know it's an album.

heres how it would look. i made this on photoshop

albums.png

xenforo has it this way
albums-xenforo.png

i remember when xenforo added the upvote feature. I thought it was weird and confusing.
It confused users during that time and i see it still it confusing users.

They should of made an option that when liking it counts as the upvote or something. They over thought it.
I was liking things for the longest time thinking it counts as a vote.

As for albums i thought that it should automatically add 4 little thumbnails of the first uploaded media of that album and then you can change them.
This would let users know it's an album.

heres how it would look. i made this on photoshop

View attachment 6010

xenforo has it this way
View attachment 6011
Also a good idea, maybe we can define if we want 4 little thumbnails or just only one in settings!

Back