• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Thumbail size issue

androll

Chevereto Member
Hi
how to create a preview on the larger side, as in 1.9, instead of fixed at 2.0?

google translate

Ahh... 2.0 changes the mode in that thumbs are made. All the thumbs are strict 100x90 (by default).

If the image is too tall or too wide it will always try to make a centered version of 100x90 px because is more standar that having a lot of sizes and in the NB I have noticed that mostly pictures doesn't have a correct thumb.

You can change the the thumb sizes to meet a new criteria, for instance 50x100, edit in /includes/config.php:
PHP:
$config['thumb_width'] = 50; // Thumb width in pixels - default: 100
$config['thumb_height'] = 100; // Thumb height in pixels - default: 90

But all the thumbs will be "centered" in that size.

Nope, the thumbs has only one way of working. And that method are intended to be a standard thumb because there is two scenarios: (1) Image width > height and (2) height > width.

So, If you are allowing the upload of both image orientations... How to deal with the different sizes? How you can have thumbs that will work to you to make for instance a clickable gallery? You must define a common size in width x height.

Taking as example the pictures that you have use, in the first picture we have a W<H image and in the second one a W>H image (which is more common) and the thumb is centered on the picture... But you may want that the thumb will be centered on her face... How you can detect where to make the cut? It's quite hard to code an automatic thumb selector because the selection depends more on the "human evaluation" than the programming evaluation. Maybe you want to make the tumb out of her body, a pendant, etc.

So, at this moment the thumb implementation aims to meet a standard thumb size. It could be possible to add a config setting for the cutting. Like, "keep image aspect ratio for thumbs" and stick to a fixed height or width.

Sorry, there is no refunds.

I can't just make refunds because anyone will came here, download the script, get their money back and walk away with the script and the money. I'm not saying that you will do that, I'm saying that opening that gate means a high risk for me.

I have a full working demo, extensive documentation, pre-sales forum and in the website there is no scam or false features announced. If you like you can make a list of features that you are missing and I can tell you when they will be implemented, remember that the Chevereto license is lifetime, that means a lot of years.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Why dont you just set a max height and max width and set them to auto?

e.g.

height: 100px;
width: auto;

height: auto
width: 100px;

Wouldn't that make the thumbs show everything but still keep things in the correct aspect ratio, and not worry about different sized thumbs as its automatically adjusted?

Hmm, those weird thumbs would be also a problem for me. Isn't it just possible to set that back like it was in 1.9?

I know what you mean about the thumbs. But I think that you are not quite understanding why I have changed the way into the thumbs are made.

By default the thumbs are almost squares. You can easy change that on the config.php but the issue is that the thumbs must have a unique size... Why? Check http://imgur.com/ and http://yfrog.com/popular/ did you notice that the thumbs are all on the same size? check http://www.flickr.com/ and http://photobucket.com/ also.

That is not coincidence. That is because the thumbs are being used in "my images", "popular images", "just uploaded", etc. And to build those displays you need to have common elements, if you have different image sizes you will have a lot of issues when you want to do something simple like that. That is why the thumbs are all on the same size. Perhaps the function that do the thumb need a little tweaking but beside that I think that the thumbs must have a common size.

The thing that I think that can solve our problems is incorporating a new image size. Like a "miniature" which is the image on a fixed width or height and you can use it then for this purpose, I think that is the solution, have both things always.

What do you think?

Back