• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Thoughts on a Folder Sync mode for Chevereto

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
💡Describe your idea

I've the idea of adding a new mode for Chevereto, called "Folder Sync". The intention of this mode is to point Chevereto to a folder in which you will distribute folders/images and any change or modification will be automatically reflected in your Chevereto installation. That way you won't need to use the front-end to delete an entire album, if you move something from one location to another it just gets updated in the database.

In this mode, top level folders could be configured to work as categories, sub-folders could be either sub-categories or albums based on a simple metadata.json file.

In order to make this possible, I need to add nested categories and nested albums as the whole idea of having a folder sync is to be able to manage the contents directly from the file system rather than using the front end.

👏Where did you saw this?

Actually I didn't saw it anywhere, this is mostly an on-going suggestion that I get from time to time. There are already plenty specialized DAM solutions, but mostly for corporate and business, this will be for users and communities (also small business).

I believe that Next/OwnCloud already support this? Perhaps photoprism does it already? The difference is our highly usable front end, and the sharing/managing stuff that we got already. It doesn't surprise me to keep getting this request as our user interface and listing speed is way superior (at least for images).

🔥Interest outside our community

Like I said, I've been asked for this all the time. I've also noticed that r/selfhosted is constantly feed with topics related to a software that enables you to use a folder based schema to deliver an online photo management experience.

Back