• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

System Keeps Changing User's Email Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtsnow

Chevereto Member
I installed my Chevereto software a couple days ago. Everything is working fine so far with the exception of this one strange problem that a new user ran into today.

He signed up but noticed that when he was in the signup process, his email address kept getting changed when he hit the submit button.

His email address contains the word bullet. But the system keeps changing it to bulet (only one L). He tried it 3 times and the same thing happened all 3 times. So, because of that, he never got the confirmation/activation email so he could activate his account.

I even logged in as admin and corrected his email address, adding the second L, and then saved the changes. But when I checked it again, it was back to having only one L. I also validated his account while I was logged in as Admin. So his account is now valid.

But if this happened to him, it's bound to happen to someone else at some point. Thankfully he is a member of a set of forums that I run, so he was able to let me know about the problem easily.

There is obviously some kind of bug that's causing this to happen.

Can you please check and see if you can figure out what it might be?

Thank you in advance.

It didn't work on my installation for some reason. Please see attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Settings for bullet20dc - Bass Fishing Photos.png
    Settings for bullet20dc - Bass Fishing Photos.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 9
Nope, still can't replicate it. I'm afraid that is your webserver which is filtering those _POST requests.

I'm afraid that is your webserver which is filtering those _POST requests.

Thanks. Can you explain what you mean by this? I want to make sure I understand this so I can contact the web hosting techs and ask for help.

When you submit a form all that data is sent using _POST request method. So Chevereto sees what the server populates as post request. Most likely there is a module or something filtering the contents of the post request.

It could be server or the web browser actually. Like I said, I couldn't replicate it so must be something outside Chevereto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back