• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Support for Reddit and Voat embed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovedigit

👽 Chevereto Freak
Can we have better support for Reddit and Voat? It would be great if we could have better image embed support for these communities. Anyone got some ideas?

Okay, can you answer me here please?

Out of scope means that I won't add such feature for now and I don't have plans to do it in the near future. Also, I'm almost sure that to get those embeds reddit must have a special integration for imgur.

Last edited:
Also, I'm almost sure that to get those embeds reddit must have a special integration for imgur.
The original goal of Imgur was to be a reddit hosting site. Reddit pretty much merged and made things fancy with integration for them. Now they're slowly moving to their own reddit hosted system.

I do not believe there is like any sort of API we can just hook into and thus integration isn't really possible/realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm aware of the imgur embed feature, but to be able to use it in reddit there must be someone special stuff going on. Twitter for example gives you all the info to achieve the cards stuff, save goes for Facebook.

Reddit doesn't have any of that, meaning that doings embeds for Chevereto won't work out of the box for Reddit.

I was asking somewhat more about this -> http://imgur.com/a/grQY7

Check the source

Cog.jpg

I have seen the source page integration from Reddit and Voat on other image hosts as well. So, it is not a feature exclusive to imgur. I thought the source must be entered manually by the uploader, but it automatically captures it when posted on Reddit/Voat.

Apart from that, I also wanted to ask if we can ditch the Post Title and description for images posted on facebook, like we did for gif with earlier update. Here is the link if you want to check it out - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1311333685574117&id=160089637365200

Screenshot
Con.jpg

I'm not even more confused by what you're wanting. Imgur only shows 'Source' when it's reddit since they're in a love affair.

Lets bring some order to this request...

1. Imgur "embed" feature is an HTML code that you can embed in your website. Is like Twitter embed or something like that. That thing is out os scope.
2. Based on reddit source code they use OpenGraph to detect the image URL. Chevereto already uses og (check here).
3. Even using the exact same og tags I'm unable to get the image to be displayed (large)

I was asking somewhat more about this -> http://imgur.com/a/grQY7

upload_2016-10-6_11-51-2.png

Looks pretty much the same to me.

upload_2016-10-6_11-52-5.png

Finally, the expando button (the play button) works only for direct URL links as is described here. I've noticed that only imgur links (not ending in .jpg) works with the expando button.

Here is a direct Chevereto URL: http://cdn-demo.chevereto.com/images/2016/05/11/lr1.jpg

And it looks like this:

Captura.JPG

Last edited:
I can understand the confusion. But, it is not exclusive to imgur.

https://sli.mg/838z29

Lets bring some order to this request...

1. Imgur "embed" feature is an HTML code that you can embed in your website. Is like Twitter embed or something like that. That thing is out os scope.
2. Based on reddit source code they use OpenGraph to detect the image URL. Chevereto already uses og (check here).
3. Even using the exact same og tags I'm unable to get the image to be displayed (large)

View attachment 1071

Looks pretty much the same to me.

View attachment 1072

We are missing this. >>

CoK.jpg

That link is not generated on the fly, they must store it. Most likely they ping the Reddit API and then they get the reddit URL. They must store that in their database or somewhere else.

I'm seeing several things being requested in this topic and I hate that because it just bring confusion. I've always said that please keep one request per topic and in this topic there are request for embeds, for display link, to get the reddit url, etc. I even read something about Facebook sharer... No comments.

The original request reads:
Support for Reddit and Voat embed

Can we have better support for Reddit and Voat? It would be great if we could have better image embed support for these communities. Anyone got some ideas?

Next time do please elaborate request more carefully, embed doesn't means get <website> related shared URL. I spend like an hour testing this just to get that you wanted a link in the bottom of the image. Even other users gets confused about this and no one seems to understand what you actually wanted.

Feel free to request it again, but please explain it in a way that everybody can clearly understand what you want.

Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back