• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Suggestion] Not found image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunz

Chevereto Member
Hello members, another suggestion easy to do.

Now if you go to site.com/safskajf and the page isn't find the site go always to default page of 404 error.
That's perfect. Now i think it better implement (always with htaccess) if an user have a 404 error on site.com/IMAGES/sfkasjkf it will be redirect to a standard images for example with the write "Images deleted or calcelled". So if if that image was posted on a forum, it shows the images of 404 error.

Cheers

You mean a 404 that tells you if a image has nit been found (different to normal 404?)

Exactly. But not a simple html page, better an image. So if i post an image on a forum and that image will be deleted, the image on forum will show "images deleted".

You mean this:

If you delete a image from the Admin CP, then it automaticly redicerts the deleted image which is in domain.com/images/ map, to a default image such as this

troll%20grnn_thumb.jpg
----->>>>
image-not-found.gif

All major images hosting have that features, you must consider to accept it.
Indeed, but you mean the Viewer, or the direct image URL? The .png one, like if i post a image on the forum, then i delete image via cpnale, and it automaticly changes to default image?

That can simply be done with some .htaccess =), i had that before but now i lost it.. Need to find it again :p

Exactly. But not a simple html page, better an image. So if i post an image on a forum and that image will be deleted, the image on forum will show "images deleted".

That will need some .htaccess tweak to do it, np.
It will be implemented.

PS: Try to use descriptive titles on your suggestions ;)

Is just a line on the .htaccess, I will do it once I finish the 2.4 release.

I've made this function and I've created a step-by-step guide to apply this. Please note that this will come bundled in 2.4 but since is pretty simple edit you can apply it now.
Glad to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back