• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Subdomain installation of Chevereto for testing

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi,
I tried something like this once before... I had my main Chevereto hosted on the domain - like normal, and then I tried to add a subdomain (blog), and it just didn't work like I wanted it to. I think there was a htaccess error somewhere along the line, anyway....

If possible, I would like to have TWO installations of Chevereto.
One on the main domain (this would be the main website which everyone uses)
And one on a subdomain, just for my "testing" purposes.

I don't want to run into any htaccess errors or hosting errors like I did once before when I tried to create a blog.
Is there anything in particular that I need to change in order to make this work??

Thanks

The testing should be either a exact mirror of the main one by copying the database and the image folder. you can also do a clean install by pointing to a test database.

Please norice: Do not install it on a subdomain using the same main db at least you copy the image folder.

Back