• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

SQL error when updating/upgrading tables after update to v3.20

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
Web browser
chrome

Sempiterna

Chevereto Member
I upgraded my installation to version 3.20.12 yesterday, and at the end of the installation I saw a notice that I had to manually convert some tables to innodb. This would not work because at that time I was running Mariadb 5.5.68. I then moved to update to mariadb 10.6.4. Those 4 queries to convert MyISAM to InnoDB worked afterwards. Then I was presented with a page with a large number of queries to further update the chevereto tables. One of these is failing:

ALTER TABLE chv_pages MODIFY page_internal varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL;

Which results in error:

#1709 - Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes

This has to do with the collation of that table being "utf8mb4_unicode_ci". This error does not seem to impact the website, as I can still login, upload, etc.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Try running these:

SQL:
DROP INDEX ip_ban_ip ON chv_ip_bans;
DROP INDEX page_internal ON chv_pages;
ALTER TABLE `chv_users` DROP INDEX `username`;
ALTER TABLE `chv_users` DROP INDEX `email`;
DROP INDEX importing_path ON chv_importing;

Then:

SQL:
ALTER TABLE `chv_users` ADD UNIQUE KEY `username` (`user_username`(191));
ALTER TABLE `chv_users` ADD UNIQUE KEY `email` (`user_email`(191));
ALTER TABLE `chv_pages` ADD UNIQUE KEY `page_internal` (`page_internal`(191));

I wanted to upgrade to 3.20.19 and I ran into the same issue. I tried following your SQL statements Rodolfo, but the Dashboard shows I should update my database and then I still see the same error.

Any other hints?

I'm running Chevereto 3.18.0, PHP 7.4, MariaDB 10.5.17, Chrome.

Back