• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Some Cron Issues.

Drifter

Chevereto Member
I am not sure if a Cron has ever run on my test site. I doubt it has. So a question:

• Cron last ran:0000-00-00 00:00:00 UTC — not running

I am on shared hosting for now. Might not be the favorite but is cheap when testing and something most widely available for small scale / beginners that don't want a fully hosted package. All forum software for the most part is simplistic in its installation and even when requiring a cron it can be done at the hosting package level easily. This has not been the case.

Where specifically are the changes needed to have the cron run correctly without writing a program to do so? I have read the documentation and that is another story but suffice to say it is unclear. I posted this in community so anyone searching can see it.

I support the software. I purchased the upgrade. I am reasonably intelligent. The documentation for this software is not clear. I am simply asking for help in a clearly written guide.

What I do know; every update from within the software does not function. I am sure it is related to this issue. I want to fix it.

The instructions we provide are general-purpose oriented, it is supposed that you document yourself on how your web server can be configured to run the cron. Keep in mind that this is self-hosted software, you are responsible for the server configuration.

Unfortunately, we can't provide specific guides for every provider but I'm sure that your hosting/panel/system does provide the documentation in how to run cron, I strongly suggest you to consume that information and take charge. If that's too much, you can always consume our official provisioning which not only works with Linode and Vultr but any given VPS.

If none of these are an alternative for you, then you will have to consider reading more documentation in order to understand how systems works, purchasing Extra Support or paying someone to run your systems.

I've run cron before with other projects. I run them for my forum software without issue. I've run them for monitoring my game servers.
I appreciate the helpful insight though.

Back