• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[solved]Feature request:Add an option : Sent BCC email.

madlaxcb

Chevereto Member
💡Describe your idea

Add an option : Sent BCC email.

👏Where did you saw this?

I build my own email server with Mail-in-a-Box .Then i found all my user signup email can sent successfully,but i can't find the email in the Sent mail folder .

I found this :

Show mails sent with SMTP in SentMail #1370

SMTP has no access to your incoming mail; it is simply for outgoing mail. There is no easy way for SMTP to save copies like this.

Yes, Thunderbird can automatically save a copy of all mail it sends, but it uses IMAP to do that.

One thing you could do is to BCC yourself to have a copy of direct-SMTP emails also be sent to you. That would place them in your inbox, but perhaps a filter can move it to Sent for you automatically.

There are also other ways: https://www.chilkatsoft.com/p/p_461.asp
But, as you can see if you look at their code examples, they all send the email via SMTP and then save a copy via IMAP.

Last edited:
Well.I solved the problem myself.

Just add one line in /app/lib/functions.php

under line 149

replace the "BCC@your.email","your BCC name" with your own.That's all.

[CODE lang="php" highlight="2"] $mail->Password = getSettings()['email_smtp_server_password'];
$mail->AddBCC("BCC@your.email","your BCC name");[/CODE]

I hope @Rodolfo can adopt this suggestion, otherwise I need to modify it manually every time I update the version.
I hope not, in fact, I hope that with V4 plugging system others can provide functionality. The whole idea is to stop depending on me.

Back