• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Small Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEE200

Chevereto Member
Just uploaded the Chevereto to my Forum.
I have this error on both Admin and Image Pages.

• PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Damn I have this now on the Page>
  • You need to set __CHV_CRYPT_SALT__ in includes/definitions.php. You only need to change this only the first time you install Chevereto
Please double-check your definitions in the includes/definitions.php file.

Every time I put something in there it gives a server ERROR !
What am I doing wrong ?

You need to open includes/definitions.php file and change the crypt salt. Is that easy.

Rod I have done that and it keeps coming up ERROR on the Page sorry. So I put it back to how it was before.
I get this ERROR below on the Page still, I have tried several words in there and can not get it to work.

Please take note that you must edit the definitions.php file the first time that you install Chevereto.

• You need to set __CHV_CRYPT_SALT__ in includes/definitions.php. You only need to change this only the first time you install Chevereto

Please double-check your definitions in the includes/definitions.php file.

Can you give me an en idea of what to put in the "brackets" after this is how it LOOKS in that File > define("__CHV_CRYPT_SALT__", "");

Is not an error, is a misconfiguration. You only need to topen that file and change the default crypt salt value.
PHP:
define("__CHV_CRYPT_SALT__", "yourvalue")

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you mate but I have added random words after this code several times and it's not working maybe if you suggest what I can write in there or maybe if you can come have a look at my server within the files, mate.

Rod I managed to do it now I know what I was doing wrong, clients need to alter this File in the upload (Filezilla in my case) and not the actual server if you get this fault with clients in the future, then it will work. I have a blank white page on Admin now lol also.

I enabled error reporting in the config.php file and got this on the Admin page below ??
Fatal error: Call to private method Handler::redirect() from context 'AdminHandler' in /chevereto/admin/includes/classes/class.adminhandler.php on line 47

Any ideas on this please Rod ? I have reinstalled also and still getting same error.

Last edited:
Hi Rod I have sent you the FTP details using the contact us form Thank you. Please avoid the other files I have just had quite a lot of work done. Regards Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back