• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Slow progress after upload pictures

Uncledavy

Chevereto Member
Hi folks,

Here is a brief intro on my set up.

I am using backblaze as external storage. Using a VPS at Hetnzer.com

My issue is. When I upload a pic it uploads pretty fast. Then on the small thumbnail. The round circle keep moving for a min as if doing some crunching. Then after a while it will redirect me to standalone page and I can see my uploaded picture. Now between the picture. I can see another circle that keeps going round and round till the pictures finally downloads full resolution (I guess)

I previously had enabled the option to strip exif data. Then disabled it.

I am trying to figure what makes these last step so slow. If I load 5 to 6 pictures then it takes forever

Many thanks in advance

cheers

Attachments

• slow2.jpg
    slow2.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 9
  • upload slow.jpg
    upload slow.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 8
The slow feedback that you get is either due to your internet connection, the distance to the server and how your server resolve requests.

You are right. I discovered that backblaze does not yet have an EU presence. I thought, I read somewhere that they are in Netherlands. Actually they are in Arizona and California. My server is in Germany.

So just being curious.

When I upload a picture. Does it go to my website first and then goes to backblaze.for storage Or does the site connect me to backblaze directly?

I guess the same with downloads too.

All uploads go to the server where you have Chevereto and the system sends the file to your remote server.

When you browse files, those are delivered directly by the server where the file is actually uploaded.

Thanks Rodolfo. That's explains why it's slow. I am going to move Chevereto server close to backblaze datacenter.

Thanks Rodolfo. That's explains why it's slow. I am going to move Chevereto server close to backblaze datacenter.
Be careful - I am not sure that backblaze is designed for this type of service, so the "web" piece, or FTP, will be slow. You should look into an S3 compatible service (S3, Wasabi, etc).

Or, in my case, SFTP

Back