• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Skeleton loading screen

SlowShip

Chevereto Member
💡Describe your suggestion

It would be nice if future versions of Chevereto can support skeleton loading screen. Skeleton loading helps visitors to perceive the loading time a bit shorter. It is especially important for sites that host large media such as image sites, video sites, etc.

👏Where did you saw this?

Youtube, Imgur.

🔥Interest outside our community

No idea

I'm not familiar with the term but I assume that is just a logo that appears before the thing loads?

It's more like this. It's like a place holder for elements to be loaded in the position. I've attached a few screenshots below. You can also search on google: skeleton loading screen.

I like the idea, but I have to mention that the only places where you can use that is where Chevereto does XHR (load home images, list when you use endless scrolling, upload process). The stuff you are suggesting is used when you embrace a single app approach, which is not the case for Chevereto. Chevereto is not made to work as a single page app.

For V4 there's the idea of interacting with the backend using a REST API so *some* themes could work as single page app, others as conventional webpage, others will be a weird mixture, etc.

In any case, if I eventually ship a single page app theme I will use some kind of pre-loading.

I understand about the one page concept but I think the skeleton loading screen can be used at many sections that Chevereto act like a single-page app theme:

The image viewer layout (single image viewer layout) to load the skeleton first before the low-quality thumbnail in place.

The section comment also can use the skeleton loading when visitor click to see the comments. (or lazy load as visitors scroll down)

The image viewer layout lacking of the section where it shall list similar "images" or "images you may like". Skeleton loading combined with a masonry style in lazy loading of such section right below the image viewer layout may encourage more interactions/visits.

Just my 2cent since I don't know if you are planning any major changes to the interface in V4. Thanks for your consideration.

Back