• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Server Specs For Cheverto

myVortexServersNetworks

Chevereto Member
I want to see everyone's server specs and why you choose that provider.

For me, my new server specs:

8 Cores CPU
24GB RAM
240GB SSD
Unmetered Bandwidth
Provider: 1&1
Price: $20 for first 6 months then $45

Why? Affordable and has servers in the USA. I will be planning to add S3 soon to do S3 storage. I first started at DigitalOcean as a test and it was great experience for me so I went ahead and moved to 1&1 as my new server provider. I'll be doing more progress with my new server w/ Chevereto. This will be fun ;)

PS: I also host other my personal sites on this machine too so I see why not!

For me, my new server specs:

8 Cores CPU
24GB RAM
240GB SSD
Unmetered Bandwidth
Provider: 1&1
Price: $20 for first 6 months then $45

Why? Affordable and has servers in the USA. I will be planning to add S3 soon to do S3 storage. I first started at DigitalOcean as a test and it was great experience for me so I went ahead and moved to 1&1 as my new server provider. I'll be doing more progress with my new server w/ Chevereto. This will be fun ;)

PS: I also host other my personal sites on this machine too so I see why not!

Whats your site url?

Main chevereto site (along with 9 other websites)
1 Core CPU
1GB RAM
25GB SSD
1TB Bandwidth
Provider: Vultr
Price: $5 month

Image storage (SFTP)
1 Core CPU
512MB RAM
125GB SATA
1TB Bandwidth

Why? it's cheap every month ;)

Main chevereto site (along with 9 other websites)
1 Core CPU
1GB RAM
25GB SSD
1TB Bandwidth

Image storage (SFTP)
1 Core CPU
512MB RAM
125GB SATA
1TB Bandwidth

Why? it's cheap every month ;)

Course they are cheap and easy to use but if you grow into a big bandwidth, it wont be pretty

CDN? no such thing as unmetered ;)
Like I said, give me solid numbers, never had a problem in 4 years!

if you use more than 1TB, you will pay overages. They are good for small sites but if you have large bandwidth, go with providers that has unmetered bandwidth like I do.

4.2.1 The Virtual Private Server forms part of a complex hardware platform that manages all of the servers that share the infrastructure. We reserve the right partially or completely interrupt provision of the service in the case of:

• Excessive consumption of resources;
  • Other disruptions that can be traced to You that are observed to be impairing the performance of the platform on which the resource is located-infringing on the rights of third parties that share the infrastructure.
4.2.2 In such cases, We shall notify You so that You can resolve the issue in question. During this time, We will temporarily suspend provision of the service. Should the problem occur again after the service is restored We reserve the right to cancel Your Virtual Private Server service without notice.

Yeah have fun with that. "Excessive" for them is probably more then 1TB.

Also they don't actually say what port speed you're getting with the "unlimited" dedicated servers. They could rate limit you to 56KB/s and claim that's unlimited.

Yeah so on dedicated servers your speed is "up to" 1Gbps which is vague and a polite way of saying you're either on a shared uplink with x servers or they will throttle you during peak hours and/or throttle you for excessive resource usage.

But you linked to what I believe is a VPS and they have a provision specifically for resource usage in those terms. It's as vague as can be and basically "We choose when and how to enforce it".

Look, VPS is a VPS. I use it for testing. They are cheap and good place to start but I am moving to new provider soon and that where I'll get real 1Gbpbs port speed and unmetered bandwidth.

Back