• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Server error (Internal server error) after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidlevy

Chevereto Member
Not filling the support template.
I just updated from 3.12.3 to 3.12.5
Chevereto prompted me to upgrade.
After doing so, my uploads broke, Internal server error.
To be sure, through cpanel, I repaired and optimized all the chevereto tables.

I had no issues uploading before the update.
how can I diagnose and fix this?
Thank you

Attachments

• CheveretoBroke.PNG
    CheveretoBroke.PNG
    31.5 KB · Views: 11
Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 99532800 bytes) in /{censored}/app/lib/classes/class.imageresize.php on line 213

256MB mem limit, php set limit for upload 64MB, Chevereto upload limit 42MB.
Images attempted to be uploaded are between 10MB to 30MBs

That doesn't make sense to me because in 3.12.3 my server... which btw is with your partners TMD hosting with a better server (according to TMD) than what was suggested in the package license deal page... this server did handle resizing ~40MB files just fine for about a week for over 100 images.
After the clicking install on the update notification in Chevereto, it now has this problem I shared above.

I'd also like to directly download this current build and 3.12.3 to compare them, as a license holder, how do I do that? Thanks.

Mem usage depends on lots of stuff, being one of them the load of your website.

Please don't mix terms / concepts.

Your response
Please don't mix terms / concepts.
I feel is unprofessional.

You've been giving me a hard time via PM and now here, I don't know why, but it's undeserved,
I paid for a network license, I have been well mannered and not rude, I expected to be treated professionally and with respect as does any reasonable paying customer.

I followed up by asking
I'd also like to directly download this current build and 3.12.3 to compare them, as a license holder, how do I do that? Thanks.

If you want to download X release go here: https://chevereto.com/panel/downloads

I paid for a network license, I have been well mannered and not rude, I expected to be treated professionally and with respect as does any reasonable paying customer.
If you felt that my interactions where harsh, let me address that I'm not an English native speaker and I've never been in an English speaking country. It is normal that my interactions feel very harsh because I don't have the same cultural context that you may have. My proficiency in this language (English) is merely technical.

I think fast and I write fast. If you felt bad, I offer my apologies because it has been never my intention to disrespect you.

Please, don't expect the same communication format that you may get from other companies / developers, is not my thing and you shouldn't trouble yourself about it. I don't have any issues with you, I don't know why or how we get to that.

I understand now, that makes sense, thank you for explaining.

Also, thank you for the link.
After TDM increased memory limit to 512MB, 40MB images now process again albeit they do process slower than before.
After comparing both versions, I can see no changes were made to the image resizer, only some changes to various other files in that same directory.
The server load has been pretty much the same since day one, as only the same handful of people have accessed the site according to logs.
So bizarre, because I would completely agree if I saw more traffic.

Well, thank you for creating Chevereto and iterating on it. It's among the best looking image sharing self-hosted solution with community functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back