• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Server can't handle medium image width of 3000px

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Chevereto version3.1.2 on G\ Library 1.0.10
  • PHP version5.4.11
  • Serverps157466 Linux/cgi-fcgi
  • MySQL version5.1.56-log
  • MySQL server infoUptime: 14530473 Threads: 14 Questions: 4588499283 Slow queries: 266269063 Opens: 72769122 Flush tables: 194 Open tables: 2048 Queries per second avg: 315.784
  • GD LibraryVersion bundled (2.0.34 compatible) JPEG:1 GIF:1/1 PNG:1 WBMP:1 XBM:1
  • File uploadsEnabled
  • Max. upload size7 MB
  • Max. post size7 MB
  • Max. execution time30 seconds
  • Memory limit90 MB

Most likely network issues. When you want to upload something the system has a limited time to complete this process. Bad network (internet speed, server network, etc) highly affects this.

Most likely network issues. When you want to upload something the system has a limited time to complete this process. Bad network (internet speed, server network, etc) highly affects this.

Is there something I can do to increase the timeout limit?

Also, to be clear, the images upload fine.

So you're telling me that resizing an image from 6000x3000 to 6000x3000 (the same) isn't working because the network is timing out? Why does the resizing to medium at 500 width work on the same image? (wouldn't that be MORE processing than resizing to the same size?)

Another way to work around this for me would be to get the full size url.

<?php echo $image_url; ?>

This only gets the filename.md.jpg

How can I pull the regular .jpg?

Is there something I can do to increase the timeout limit?

Also, to be clear, the images upload fine.

So you're telling me that resizing an image from 6000x3000 to 6000x3000 (the same) isn't working because the network is timing out? Why does the resizing to medium at 500 width work on the same image? (wouldn't that be MORE processing than resizing to the same size?)

You have two things here:

1. 3000px images = large images. So any slow internet connection will have issues uploading this kind of pictures.
2. 3000px resize images = large memory usage for the resize function. Your server most likely can't handle that.

When you upload something or when you are seeing something you always have a display_url (which will be medium or original image) and you will also have the image and thumb data arrays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back