• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Select which images appears in listings

bcf admin

Chevereto Member
Taken from https://chevereto.com/community/threads/a-mechanism-for-users-to-flag-offensive-content.7221

Sorry for using this topic to discuss sirmoo's proposal Rodolfo & caiviliyl but as the link to the topic mentioned can't be found and it has been mentioned again here I thought I would just add to it here, if it needs splitting or removing that's fine by me.

re: image upload approval.
I can understand that some may need images to be approved if they are wanting to make their host site into a gallery but those who don't want it to be used as a gallery and just want an image host to upload, get link codes and post elsewhere won't want the hassle of approving at all.
I think if this was implemented without some sort of on/off function it would put a lot of people off from using the actual hosting site once they find out they have to wait for posts to be approved before they get the links.

A more sensible solution imo would be an option where the administrator can choose what gets displayed on the explore page rather than it happening automatically as it does if the search, explore and random are enabled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the ability to indicate which images could appear in /explore, /category and maybe /search. In that way offensive images won't affect ads at all and the user won't get service interruption or anything.

Neat solution, thanks.

The reason why I want an option to automatically have all image require approval is that one of the sites I run is VERY niche.

People upload images to a category. We then check those image meet the standards. Remove ones that don't, fix the ones that do, and confirm that certain keywords are listed on them to make them indexable in the search of the site. If we don't have an approval system before hand our entire concept gets messy and spammy.

Admin should be able to see all images waiting approval on the image link /image/lskdjf but users should see a page staying 'Image is being reviewed' when visiting said page and they should not show up in any category.

I get that our need is NOT something that most will need... But by using this system it should work for others in other methods... just allow us to toggle on and off entire gallery approval.

The reason why I want an option to automatically have all image require approval is that one of the sites I run is VERY niche.

That is basically what I was saying
User uploads images > user gets link codes to post where they like straight away > images do not appear in explore
Admin approves images to post on the explore pages

People upload images to a category. We then check those image meet the standards. Remove ones that don't, fix the ones that do, and confirm that certain keywords are listed on them to make them indexable in the search of the site. If we don't have an approval system before hand our entire concept gets messy and spammy.

Approving images to go into the explore pages seems reasonable but it should not mean that image code links should not be available at the time of upload, most users of an image upload site will probably be wanting to post elsewhere rather than just in explore.
Also many of Chevereto's customers won't be too bothered about showing the explore page and that would mean a loss of their users who would switch to an image host that gives links.

Admin should be able to see all images waiting approval on the image link /image/lskdjf but users should see a page staying 'Image is being reviewed' when visiting said page and they should not show up in any category.
This could be done with simple text added to the upload page by the owner if their site is used as a gallery rather than as a site to get image code links, personally I think if a user saw such message it would add to confusion especially on sites that don't use the explore function.

I get that our need is NOT something that most will need... But by using this system it should work for others in other methods... just allow us to toggle on and off entire gallery approval.

I don't know how easy it is for Rodolfo to do but I think the best way would be to just have an explore page that only images displayed can be done from the admin dashbord, ie; admin clicks select > from the action drop down there is an option "add to explore", that way there would be no chance that anyone could upload images that might offend.

Pleased to see this got approved Rodolfo, you pointed out the ads which was something that never crossed my mind and I think that will make such a difference if admin approval for content is solely down to what the admin chooses to display.

It must be a nightmare for you deciding what features to approve/disapprove as the different way this script is used and needed does vary so much respect to you for allowing us all to give suggestions.

I am a new member in this forum so am I gave image ?
I don't understand what you mean.

It must be a nightmare for you deciding what features to approve/disapprove as the different way this script is used and needed does vary so much respect to you for allowing us all to give suggestions.

Most of the time suggestions are very personal and unique but I always try to find or detect those that could benefit more customers. In this case, is very evident for me that we shouldn't look this in black/white because it won't work with approved/rejected images. I just keep thinking in what stops the end user to go somewhere else because you took 3 hours to approve an image in the first place and it adds the daily job of approving images to get listings. Honestly, I think that most users will hate to do that so it should be optional.

If you think about this, the request you did fits SirMoo needs but thing is that he just doesn't realize it because he wants to get the feature 1:1. Maybe in the future I could extend this original request to add that optional "must approve" but at this time I won't consider that feature.

If you think about this, the request you did fits SirMoo needs but thing is that he just doesn't realize it because he wants to get the feature 1:1. Maybe in the future I could extend this original request to add that optional "must approve" but at this time I won't consider that feature.
Come now... It's me. I'm more than happy to make modifications. I'm expressing what I need. The closer thing to that feature the better, but if there is a flag system and I simply have to modify all of the code to auto-flag images on upload... that's fine. Our job as members is to express what we need. Your job is to figure out what you can realistically add. But we don't express in detail and discuss things.... then things get confused.
That is basically what I was saying
User uploads images > user gets link codes to post where they like straight away > images do not appear in explore
Honestly, in this case, that's not important to me at all. Codes are not used. The site is used more of a gallery for downloading than for hosting, it's just that the content is user generated and thus requires approval. But the codes could be suppressed via theme editing most likely so it's not a huge issue for me.

At the end of the day I need a way to flag all images and approve them manually. If it's a simple 'report' system and a way to modify the upload to autoflag it in the database. Then great. If it's a built in feature to do this... even better.

Hi,

I am new to the script, and I like how neat it is.

I want to check if this feature is implemented, where I can control if the photo could appear in the explore and search results. It is very important one for me.

Best Regards,
Okatanani

Hi,

I am new to the script, and I like how neat it is.

I want to check if this feature is implemented, where I can control if the photo could appear in the explore and search results. It is very important one for me.

Best Regards,
Okatanani

At this time this feature is not yet implemented in the system. Most likely it will be pushed to v4.X.

Thank you and looking to have it very soon, I am new to the script, but it is so smooth, elegant, clean and beautifully made. well done and looking patiently to have the tags asap :)

Back