• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Script API

Siouw

Chevereto Noob
Hi,

I've just came accross your website and it seems your script is just what I needed. Before buying it, and to be sure it's exactly what I'm looking for, could someone tell me if I can do the followings :

1) Install your script on one server, say on mydomain.com

2) Upload multiple photos from my (own) other websites (ie : myotherwebsite.com and tralala.com) using the API

3) There must be a tight security during the (API) upload (files passing as images, scripts, malevolent acts, etc.)

4) These uploads should be done "silently" / in the background without prompting the user to some kind of authentication

5) Store theses photos with some kind of tags or categories, etc.

6) Retrieve the previously uploaded photos to display them in a gallery (for exemple) on tralala.com, again, without having to enter some kind of authentication

7) Restrict access to the uploaded photos for everyone but my own websites. (I don't want google to publish them).

Of course, I'm perfectly able to write the necessary scripts to upload, retrieve or display the photos, as long your scripts allow this :)

Thank youuuuuuuu !

Hi Siouw, for API documentation please refer to this page:http://chevereto.com/docs#!api

Regarding your questions:

1) Sure.
2) Yep.
3) Weel, the API upload has the same security as the non-API upload. You can use api-key to allo only upload within a valid key.
4) Simply trick you script A to clone the upload using the API to B. It doesn't comes out of the box but if you know PHP you can easily achieve it.
5) There is no tag or categories in Chevereto, not even in the next release we will have categories or tags.
6) You can use the bundled filelist class to get any listing that you want. By date, by type, size, etc.
7) Hmmm Google respect the robot rules, you don't actually need a complex thing for that.

Hope it helps.

Back