• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Resend activation mail

SMP

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi Rodolfo,

Can you include a option to resend user activation mail in dashboard for admin. (shows up if the user has not yet confirmed the email)

Thanks

Last edited:
Can you include a option to resend activation mail...

This option currently exists in version Chevereto 3.6.3

8c2de97078df11ff7b752ef8cda252f8.jpg

I edited the original post to be more clear..
Can you include a option to resend user activation mail in dashboard for admin. (shows up if the user has not yet confirmed the email)
I think that is not necessary.
If the user is login in with the username and password, the website redirects the user back to activation site, where can resend the activation code again.
But okay, this will be decided by Rodolfo :)

If the user didn't confirmed the account in the 48hrs time limit I don't see why you may need to resend that confirmation. Most likely is a bot or someone who used an invalid email address (no inbox) so I don't think that we need this.

Note that for v3.6.4 I've added a message that appears when an user try to register with either an username or an email address which already belongs to an user awaiting confirmation and it will display the re-send activation link.

If the user didn't confirmed the account in the 48hrs time limit I don't see why you may need to resend that confirmation. Most likely is a bot or someone who used an invalid email address (no inbox) so I don't think that we need this.

Note that for v3.6.4 I've added a message that appears when an user try to register with either an username or an email address which already belongs to an user awaiting confirmation and it will display the re-send activation link.

Its better to send a user once or twice activation mail and remove their account after that...

Sometimes it helps as few users don't click them instantly and when they forget

and also to keep valid email only accounts.

Or

Can you make an option to ask user email first and then when it is confirmed... ask for username and password.

I like simple and neat solutions, at least for the eyes of the end user so I'm not that into weird "what if" scenarios.

In this case account confirmation is done with the sole purpose of get users which use an email address that they actually access and 2 days to confirm an account is good enough for everybody.

That said, I don't see why we need so send twice this confirmation or why it should be done manually.

Those unvalidated accounts doesn't reserve the associated username or email so there are no issues here but the few extra bits of each user row which will be taken care when I add maintenance crons for Chevereto.

I like simple and neat solutions, at least for the eyes of the end user so I'm not that into weird "what if" scenarios.

In this case account confirmation is done with the sole purpose of get users which use an email address that they actually access and 2 days to confirm an account is good enough for everybody.

That said, I don't see why we need so send twice this confirmation or why it should be done manually.

Those unvalidated accounts doesn't reserve the associated username or email so there are no issues here but the few extra bits of each user row which will be taken care when I add maintenance crons for Chevereto.

Looking forward for this maintenance tools

Back