• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Remote storage

glfowkes

Chevereto Member
Not really a pre sales question, more of a post sales query.
If I've got my site hosted with one hosting company can I use say TMD Hosting as a remote host for images? (obviously I'd have to get a package with them or whomever I use).
I at some point need more storage than my current provider will give me (even though it says unlimited).
Would this be via SFTP, FTP or some other process.
I know you're busy
Thanks
Gary

Thanks Ashkir, I've supposedly got unlimited disk/bandwidth but I like to plan ahead.
I just talked to the guys at TMDHosting and they have cheap hosting so worst case scenario I change the A record for the subdomain that hosts the Chevereto site and host the image site elsewhere or use SFTP.

Long as you don't abuse the service in every considerable way (spam, server resources, fishy stuff, etc) or use it for something illegal, I believe that no hosting company should disavow to use it as an storage server.

As you just said, use an SFTP + A record and point it elsewhere when needed.

One thing to pay attention to is inodes and terms. Many hosts ban the use of their services for file storage. BigWetFish is one, if you want it, go to dedicated/VPS.

Looking at TMD's hosting services terms, adult content is not allowed unless you have written permission from TMD, and you regulate it under US law. TMD's limit is as follows:

The Customer understands and agrees that there is a soft and hard inode limit for each type of shared hosting account. Once the soft inode limit has been reached The Company will no longer create backups of the account, except for disaster recovery copies reserved solely for internal use. The soft limit for the Starter package is 100 000, for the Business is 150 000, while for the Professional one is 200 000. The hard limits for these packages are as follows: 175 000 for the Starter, 300 000 is the maximum for the Business, and 500 000 is the hard limit for the Professional package. Every single file or folder on The Customer's account is counted as 1 inode unit.

A2 only allows 600k total files and folders combined. BlueHost will ban you once you hit 50k. ASmallOrange only allows 100,000 inodes.

Back