• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Remarks on V3 LTS & V4

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

In the lasts weeks a lot of stuff has changed and basically I've been busy fixing my own mess and I think we can now agree that things are the way it should:
  • Per major version licensing
  • No time based renewals
  • No more Network license
  • Reasonable pricing
Now, of course that all the above changed the design of the software product we will build now.

This is what you need to know:
  • V3.20 LTS will be our production grade software
  • V4.X will be our development preview until V4 LTS appears (the last V4.X)
Don't get fooled by the "dev preview" new wording. Is the same quality we have shipped all these years, is just that we now include a higher-tier production grade software with V3.20 so we can't use the same definition here.

The goal is that by when V3.20 LTS reaches EOL (April 2025 when Ubuntu 20.04 ends support) we can swap it for V4 LTS by then. We are making this shift because we understand that you want really long lasting production systems, so we will do it in the most organic way for everybody.

Later this year (after V4 launch) we will offer a cheaper license including access only for V3 LTS. With this, we seek to pay for the maintenance costs of it.

Hope you like our feedback response in this matter.

Cheers,
Rodolfo

Back