• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Recycle Bin

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak
I would like to see a Recycle Bin for images that got deleted, that can be temporarily restored.

I think this would be great for the User groups so we can "hire" moderators to help police images, but, an admin can make the final decision and restore something if they disagree with the moderator.

Plus for those who delete things by mistake it'd be nice to undo it. Short cooldown maybe? 24 hours to change mind?

This would be a nice feature. Because restoring images is very hard. If accidentally deleted images are kept for 30 days before being purged, this gives us option to easily restore them if required.

+1 for this. And I believe it will be applicable for the deleted images by users using the delete icon and not the images which are getting deleted due to inactivity.

Also bumping, this would be an amazing feature to have, possibly also include a notification for the user when an image is removed from public by mods/admins and/or deleted by mods/admins as well?

Another addition to this is renaming the image to a long randomly generated string, so when it's in the bin, it's no longer available to view unless restored.

Also bumping, this would be an amazing feature to have, possibly also include a notification for the user when an image is removed from public by mods/admins and/or deleted by mods/admins as well?

There is an RFC for this https://chevereto.com/community/threads/image-deletion-notification-to-users.13778/

Another addition to this is renaming the image to a long randomly generated string, so when it's in the bin, it's no longer available to view unless restored.

I am about the mention this as it is required when the recycle bin is done.

Also this may be a good feature to tie into monetization permissions. Upgraded subscription account could come with recycle bin access, by the admin's choice.

Back