• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Recommended Image File Name Format?

Forum

Chevereto Noob
Hi,

1. I'm wondering what's your recommended image file format?
I'd prefer not to use date folder, so it will http://somehost.net/images/xtc.jpg (keep it simple)

2. I found image ID only 3 character, will it exhausted soon?
Compared with random?

Thank you and I hope hearing from you soon.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Image ID is the best method and it won't run out because is not limited to a certain number of chars.

By the way, which is your website URL?

Image ID is the best method and it won't run out because is not limited to a certain number of chars.

By the way, which is your website URL?
Hi Rodolfo, my URL is http://site.pictures

1. is it okay to use Image ID with Direct Storage Mode (non-date-structured-folder) ?

2. is it possible to disable the medium-sized image generator?
So it will be like chevereto 1.0 (legacy) when we upload, only generates the original image and thumbnail.

Last edited:
I renamed images/ to anothername/
After few minutes, it re-creates images/ but empty, is it ok @Rodolfo ?

and is it possible to give anothername a subdomain?
example: anothername.somedomain.net?

I renamed images/ to anothername/
After few minutes, it re-creates images/ but empty, is it ok?

No. When you rename it using the dashboard panel it will try to name the folder, if you do it on the FTP it won't re-create anything.

Last edited:
No. When you rename it using the panel it will try to name the folder, if you do it on the FTP it won't re-create anything.
I renamed it from dashboard, it returns me with invalid folder, as of the matter I created the new folder, and then set the folder name from the dashboard. And it's using the new folder now.

But it re-creates images/ folder but it's empty, is it all nature of the program, or..?

When you rename that folder using the dashboard the system will try to rename the old folder name to the new folder name. If the system can't do that you need to manually change that folder using something like FTP.

In this case the system wasn't able to rename that folder, so it created a new one. Now you have two folders that you need to merge manually.

This happens when you run PHP with outdated settings and the system can't edit folder, files, etc.

Back