• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

recaptcha on download button

interbuyer

Chevereto Member
Hello I want to put recaptcha or something similar to stop automated bots from downloading the full image.

So when you click the download button you must enter a code.

Any help would be appreciated.

If bots come to your site, they don't need a download button for pictures.

Bots crawl the source code of the page and not what a user sees. So such a function would not be really effective.

You can, however, write an .htaccess file and lock out known and or unknown bots there.

Thanks for your reply. I want to use this software for my original photos. Some users will scrape my site of all my 5000 pictures and resell them or open their own free site with my pics. However if the full image is not referenced anywhere on the source code for the page and the download button leads only to a custom script that loads the full image in a new page. I will be able to stop the automated scrapers on at least the full image. I do not care if they get the thumb image.

That is why I want to place a recaptcha on the download button

Ok I see that in the page source it shows the actual link to the full photo in many places not just the download button, so it looks like I would have to watermark all the pictures then have a custom file location with the non watermarked full photos, then have the download button load that image location. Anyone got and easier way of doing this? Thanks

Is not feasible to stop content being stolen from websites because HTML was never meant for that purpose and having the client (browsing session) access to the source make this very easy.

The only solution for this situation is to deliver the service using a custom client software (not the web browser). This should be feasible with V4 as it delivers the API needed for third-party clients, for V3 the best that you can do is to discourage the scraping using watermarks or by applying rate limiting to the image delivery (server rate limiting).

Ok thanks , I had a software that did this by only having the un watermarked images available once you put them into your cart, then clicked the download button. They had a feature to make the cost for the photo from free or whatever cost you wanted. Unfortunately, it was not keep up and will not run with newer versions of PHP. I appreciate your hard work at keeping chevereto up to date, that is why I purchased the software. Thanks

Back