• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

random image link showing private images

Status
Not open for further replies.
random image link shows private images instead of public ones, so all you do is keep clicking random image url and you will find private images

random image link shows private images instead of public ones, so all you do is keep clicking random image url and you will find private images

That is false.

Random mode is just a redirection and to view anything in /image/<id> you need to have permission. If the image is under an album with the permission "anyone with the link" or the website privacy is forced the content will be under that privacy. When you select "private" mode then you use default content privacy all the content who isn't under a privacy permission will be visible. That is why you can force the website content privacy so you can have a private website and force all the content to be private.

This code in route.image.php proves that:

PHP:
        // Privacy
        if($handler::$cond['forced_private']) {
            $image['album']['privacy'] = CHV\get_chv_setting('website_content_privacy_mode');
        }
        if(!$is_admin and in_array($image['album']['privacy'], array('private', 'custom')) and !$is_owner) {
            return $handler->issue404();
        }

That is false.

Random mode is just a redirection and to view anything in /image/<id> you need to have permission. If the image is under an album with the permission "anyone with the link" or the website privacy is forced the content will be under that privacy. When you select "private" mode then you use default content privacy all the content who isn't under a privacy permission will be visible. That is why you can force the website content privacy so you can have a private website and force all the content to be private.

This code in route.image.php proves that:

PHP:
        // Privacy
        if($handler::$cond['forced_private']) {
            $image['album']['privacy'] = CHV\get_chv_setting('website_content_privacy_mode');
        }
        if(!$is_admin and in_array($image['album']['privacy'], array('private', 'custom')) and !$is_owner) {
            return $handler->issue404();
        }

I mean the privacy with not safe for work it still shows them images :(

That is a different thing :p and now I understand the concern. I think that I can disable those in random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back