• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Questions: Other image file types, viewer and image URLs

jay

Chevereto Member
I have a few questions. I'm not super experienced with php, so I'm not too sure where to start on this. I've already tried a few things, but it ended up breaking the site or not working.

How can I add support for .SVG and .TIFF images? I've been looking around the site, but most responses seem to be about not supporting anything other than images.

I'd like to change the URLs on viewer to remove the "?v=", so it's "domain.com/ID.ext". I'd also like to ask if it's possible for this to be done:

Example:

Let's say domain is domain.com. The viewer page for an upload is now "domain.com/ID.ext". Could I have it sending the images to a subdomain so the direct location would be "sub.domain.com/ID.ext"?

Last question. Is there a mod here that would retrieve thumbnails+links to recent uploads to display in a small gallery on the front page or something?

Thank you.

1. If you want to add extra files support you have to extend the GD library to support those types (or process that types with other lib).
2. If you want to remove the /?= you have to use mod-rewrite
3. I have saw a few mods around, maybe you need a custom work

Rodolfo said:
1. If you want to add extra files support you have to extend the GD library to support those types (or process that types with other lib).
2. If you want to remove the /?= you have to use mod-rewrite
3. I have saw a few mods around, maybe you need a custom work

I wish I had a better idea of what this means. I looked up GD library and mod_rewrite to get an understanding of what they are, but I haven't quite grasped it.

Are you saying it's not a file edit in the Chevereto installation, but rather something outside with the server?

Back