• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Project Arachnid API credentials

• Thread starter Thread starter ufo56
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
Version
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
10.3.39-MariaDB-0+deb10u2
Web browser
Chrome

ufo56

Chevereto Member
Hi

Im trying to add Project Arachnid API to Chevereto. However Arachnid gives me on their panel a API username and password, on Chevereto settings panel there is only possible to input one line of information. What is the correct way to fill this information on Chevereto?

anarchid.jpg

anarchid2.jpg

api key = base64 encode api
Code:
username:password

I'm not sure because I use a script that automatically checks for csam after an image is uploaded and flags it later. This approach is better for performance. Project Arachnid authentication like this

PHP:
'Authorization: Basic ' . base64_encode("api-username:api-password")

Last edited:
The API endpoint used by Chevereto is Arachnid API https://api.arachnid.c3p.ca/api/images/scan which is different from the Shield API. The Arachnid API doesn't seem to work with a base64 user:pass string.

Will email them and ask to update us on the current API they enable.

I can confirm that Project Arachnid has a new API, which is free for all after registration (awesome!) but it is all new and not compatible with the existing implementation in Chevereto (let's call it Project Arachnid Legacy API).

I need to add support for both APIs (legacy and new) which will take some time. Talking about bad timing as this new API came just by at the end of Chevereto v4.2 sprint. Will try to add it @ some v4.2.X if there's room for it.

Do please react/like this post to push things sooner.

Back