• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Problems with SMTP part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLarsson

Chevereto Member
Thought the problem was fixed using Mandrill but no.
First click doesn't work, second does.
I will try to update PHPmailer. On the same server a wiki and wordpress works perfectly both with gmail and mandrill.

Clipboardimage2015-12-08114022.png

Last edited:
Updated class.phpmailer.php and class.smtp.php to 5.2.14 but no difference.

Last edited:
Been running with PHP 5.6.16 for a few hours now and haven't had a single SMTP-error. Earlier I had 5.6.12... read in the PHP changelog that something with openssl had changed in 5.6.13.

Yeah, is usual stuff. Usually the recommendation is don't update PHP unless:
1. Security issues
2. Major new functionalities

PHP 7 will be a nightmare in terms of making all libraries work without issues. My advice: Don't switch to 7 until is supported by the 51% hosters out there, that will ensure a good testing period so when you move in you will be fail-safe.

Hehe... I tried chevereto on PHP 7 on my virtual clone-site the other day..... looked good at first view but then couldn't show the images, functions not working...
Didn't investigate further, just stated the fact that there's a lot of work to be done....

I haven't had a single SMTP-fail since yesterday so now I feel you can close this thread, and maybe it would be of help to anyone experiencing the same problem.
The weird thing is still the fact that my wiki and wordpress that are running on the same server, same PHP & MYSQL haven't had any SMTP problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back