• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

[Problem] sess_path

Gunz

Chevereto Member
Hello guys, from the start when i'm using chevereto i had a problem about session. All session file was saved on root directory.

Now i have hundrends of file "sess_1f0c81759be05dc16d0c20ae16a65b6f" on root directory and not on /var/lib/php/session.

I'm using kloxo and php point to the right directory /var/lib/php/session (using phpinfo is correct).

Checking on folder /var/lib/php/session there are also here new session files, but very low. For example 1-2 session file every days. While on / public_html directory there are a lot every day.

On htaccess i also put php_value session.save_path "/var/lib/php/session" but it didn't solve the problem.

Thank you for help

This is a server issue not script issue. Ask to your hosting provider.

Rodolfo said:
This is a server issue not script issue. Ask to your hosting provider.

I know, the problem is that... i don't know how to fix it. All the config are correct this is the problem.

Now i will continue to search on google hoping to find the solution.

Gunz, I have a list of thousands of those files on my root.
That's nothing regarding Kloxo mate. Am using OVH and I had the same problem.

thezanny said:
Gunz, I have a list of thousands of those files on my root.
That's nothing regarding Kloxo mate. Am using OVH and I had the same problem.

The problem is that all php.ini on my machine point the save path to other directory. I think there is something wrong with privileges, so apache can't write/read on that directory and so create file on /

Thing is that OVH area good hosting company but the servers come pretty outdated and bad configured, you need to know a lot to make it work properly.

The session issue will always be that apache can't read/write properly on the target session dir (usually the temp path).

Rodolfo said:
Thing is that OVH area good hosting company but the servers come pretty outdated and bad configured, you need to know a lot to make it work properly.

The session issue will always be that apache can't read/write properly on the target session dir (usually the temp path).

I'm not using OVH :) I'm using a VPS so i can change all i want.

However i'm solving every problem. This is the new one:

After the upload finish, the image is not hosted with that error "Unable to create upload folder".

Gunz said:
I'm not using OVH :) I'm using a VPS so i can change all i want.

However i'm solving every problem. This is the new one:

After the upload finish, the image is not hosted with that error "Unable to create upload folder".

Problem fixed, when i was fixing the privileges issue the folder 2012 had 755. Corrected and now works fine.

The last problem is with flood protector. Now the session are correct and i disabled cloudflare on that domain.

www.s4.imagestorming.com/test2

EDIT1:

Testing on http://dev.chevereto.com/ i have the same problem :)

EDIT2:

I noticed that "flood protector" is only with bmp images.

EDIT3:

This is how reproduce the problem.

If you upload ONLY 1 bmp there aren't problem. But if you upload for example two images, first a JPG and then the BMP, the second image (BMP) will be "flood protector".

Thing is that every upload can't take less than 0.5 secs. Since that is impossible (because that is just the time that js take to fire the events) it's impossible that a upload take less than that. Even in local in my PC the request where fine... But it seems that the request are being fired early.

This is just a basic flood detector, eventually we will use a real thing. To fix this open includes/functions.php file and change this:
PHP:
if(abs($_SESSION[$session] - microtime(true)) < 0.5 && !is_local()) {

To this:
PHP:
if(abs($_SESSION[$session] - microtime(true)) < 0.25 && !is_local()) {

Tell me if works for you.

Rodolfo said:
Thing is that every upload can't take less than 0.5 secs. Since that is impossible (because that is just the time that js take to fire the events) it's impossible that a upload take less than that. Even in local in my PC the request where fine... But it seems that the request are being fired early.

This is just a basic flood detector, eventually we will use a real thing. To fix this open includes/functions.php file and change this:
PHP:
if(abs($_SESSION[$session] - microtime(true)) < 0.5 && !is_local()) {

To this:
PHP:
if(abs($_SESSION[$session] - microtime(true)) < 0.25 && !is_local()) {

Tell me if works for you.

0.25 didn't solve the problem while 0.20 yes. Thanks

Try to upload very very small files like icons an try to tweak it. You are in OVH right? Mostly servers do a little pause between request but ovh well... They have other logic.

Rodolfo said:
Try to upload very very small files like icons an try to tweak it. You are in OVH right? Mostly servers do a little pause between request but ovh well... They have other logic.

As i wrote i'm not using OVH hosting, i'm using amazing english hosting.

This is what i'm trying to host, and the upload works fine:
http://www.s4.imagestorming.com/test2/images/2012/05/17/lTx2g.png

EDIT:
While if i host for example this image (is a pixel white on paint):
http://www.s4.imagestorming.com/test2/images/2012/05/17/G7PW.jpg

And i try to host 4 of this images, this is the results.
1 uploaded, 2 flood, 3 uploaded, 4 flood.

But this is the "impossible" case, i mean who must host and image 1x1? :D

EDIT2:

However it's not the hosting, because also on http://dev.chevereto.com/ i have the same problem.
1 uploaded, 2 flood, 3 uploaded, 4 flood.

This issue is caused by a bad server configuration because PHP can't write/read the session path.
In 2.1.2 a session path checker will be introduced to tell when this error happens.

Please notice that this is a server error and not a script error. We know that this error happens a lot in OVH so try to avoid that company or, make sure that you know how to fix folder permissions.

Closed.

Back