• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Possible to change 'datefolders' in 2.1?

imgsco

Chevereto Member
So, I've been playing with version 2.1 tonight on a dev server, it's looking nice. Though, I am wondering if it's possible to disable the 'datefolders' folder structure when uploading an image.

I only ask because the url example "domain.com/i/image.png" looks a lot nicer than "domain.com/i/2012/05/15/image.png" because it is shorter. Otherwise everything seems great!

Thanks,

If you want pretty url use the virtual folders (that will load the viewer actually).
You can't disable the datefolders because the whole storage system is based on that. It was a long discussion months ago.

You can try to disable it but you will need to change a lot of functions both in the front and in the filemanager.
You will also have to keep this changes over every update since you will be running on a different storage method.

There is the foundation of the multiple "storages" but that won't happen until 3.0 and at this point the best that you can do is stick to the datefolders. Pretty urls doesn't matter at all. Is way better that you set up a short url integration inestead of having short urls just because of that.

Users will always complain because the file url is too short, or the url doesn't have a date, or the url has a bla bla bla. You won't never find something that suits all. That's why I set the deatefolders as the unique standard storage method.

By the way this is tech support, moving to FAQ.

Wtf, if i cant disable the datefolders, then you'll loose alot of customers, that URL is way too long, look at imgur, they have a perfect url, as chevereto had on 2.0.x , so hope there is a easy fix for that -_- , this make me give up in using Chevereto tbh, why in the world would they use my site, when they can use imgur with a preetty url? and same features lolz

Avast said:
Rodolfo could it be possible to deliver the image-url with an id like the viewer-url instead of /date/image.ext ?

Can't be done. I know that some of you want the shortest URL possible but this is the best for you and your servers at the monent. When you look the ulr of other services like imgur you dont take into account that you are actually being handled by a script. Your servers will be unable to handle that.

You also want to populate a folder with thousand of files, keep no group by date or something like that. If the datefolders have been implemented is because is the best that you can have.

If you still want that short url I can give you something that uses php and the image id. You will be back here asking me to remove it because your servers will be unable to do that task.

No you missunderstood me, i would prefer a direct url with an id, because i don't want that users can get the direturl with the path to the image.

Avast said:
No you missunderstood me, i would prefer a direct url with an id, because i don't want that users can get the direturl with the path to the image.

The id is not longer the filemane.ext And what i have just told you is the use of something like /i/<id> and when someone fetch this url the image will be displayed like enter directly to it.

Mcmar said:
Wtf, if i cant disable the datefolders, then you'll loose alot of customers, that URL is way too long, look at imgur, they have a perfect url, as chevereto had on 2.0.x , so hope there is a easy fix for that -_- , this make me give up in using Chevereto tbh, why in the world would they use my site, when they can use imgur with a preetty url? and same features lolz

Cmon dont be mad. You now that at the end of the day I will come up with a solution. Im thinking it before launching this version.

I know, i dont know why i am mad, and i hope you can fix this, like a alternative way.. I love the file manager, but i could use it without knowing when they was uploaded mate, and i hope you can fix it, as i see many users are abit dissapointed, well, evryone have difrent taste, and this taste didnt fit mine, and some others.

ok so how do we change it so it only does it by year and month.. no need to do daily folders.. no sites are getting 65k files per day
If we can change that, then i'd rather remove the whole thing. Would be really pretty if we could say this: domain.com/image.png , insted of domain.com/folder/image.png .. ? not sure if that's possible.. But i'd still want to keep them inside the folder, as the root will have too many images on the end.

Back