• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Permissions problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMWracing

Chevereto Member
I'm unable to reply in the permissions sticky above, so I'm going to create a new thread.

I'm running a directadmin panel based on debian 6.x and I'm trying to do a clean install of Chevereto 3.3x but I am having trouble with the file permissions.

I created a user with a domain (username testuser). When uploading the complete chevereto folder (new install) with the same user account through FTP i am getting:

No write permission in /imgup/images/ directory. Chevereto needs to be able to write in this directory.
No write permission in /imgup/content/ directory. Chevereto needs to be able to write in this directory.

This happens because PHP is running under the user apache and not under the username testuser.

I believe I can solve this issue with running chmod 777 on the folders above, but I find this a major security risk.
So I tried following the steps for usermod in the sticky, but this does not solve the problem:

sudo usermod -a -G apache testuser

Then I refreshed the page, but am still getting the no write permissions error. What am I doing wrong? Is the command above correct in my case?

I fixed this issue by using moid_ruid2. Maybe a good idea to add to the permissions sticky.

Case closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back