• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Password Protect Site?

Rodolfo said:

I'm able to view the images, but I'm no longer asked for my login/pass with any browser that i try.. I get the "401 Authorization Required".. heres my htaccess file in public_html

Code:
# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>

AuthName "Restricted Area" 
AuthType Basic 
AuthUserFile /home/nyc/.htpasswd 
AuthGroupFile /dev/null 
<Files *.php>
require valid-user
</Files>
<Files *.js>
require valid-user
</Files>

seems like its the <Files> part thats the reason y its not working because i can login with this:
Code:
# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>

AuthName "Restricted Area" 
AuthType Basic 
AuthUserFile /home/nyc/.htpasswd 
AuthGroupFile /dev/null 
require valid-user

I dont know about that stuff above AuthName, but it was in my htaccess so i didnt remove it form the file.. i tried removing it also and i wasnt able to login.. only when i removed the <Files> part did it work but of course the images werent viewable to unauthorized people

You are doing it wrong.
When you place the "FILES" directive you are telling apache that those files will require pass. That means that .php files are requesting pass... Not .jpg or .css files.

So, the problem may be that your server doesn't support the files directive or (most likely) that your .htaccess is wrong.
Try to use just the lines of the example and see if it works.

Back