• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

paid for 2.0... mistake?

kylekeith

Chevereto Member
So I paid for 2.0 and upgraded the system...

Used to have the Admin mod made by Sunlord for simple administration... http://sunlord.ru/

I used it just to delete images that are inappropriate...

after paying for chevereto all those scripts stopped working.

only option is paying more for a mod than I paid for chevereto.. haha.. $32+
http://dev.cheveretomods.com/

Version 1.5: $20 USD
Update 1.6: $12 USD
Update 1.7: $??? USD

haha.. so a $30 upgrade turns into a $62+ upgrade?

Why would you think that the marketplace is a good area for you to complain? I will move this thread.

Secondly the sales page states what's included with Chevereto 2.x, the mods are created by users, in their spare time and take quite a lot of hard work to complete.

When you consider the cost of Chevereto is only $30 and then the mod's are $30, that's still only $60... for a script which is one of the best available.

The problem with others, which may have more features, is that every other one I have seen is dated, looked like imageshack and is not secure or actively updated.

Chevereto is the dog bollocks when it comes to image hosting scripts and Lautaro's work is in the same league.

Also you are not paying for an 'upgrade' you are paying for a totally new and fully rewritten script. It may have the same name but that's pretty much the only similarity.

Marketplace was not the proper place...

I upgraded to 2.x due to the current free script after the last update would not fun on www. and the root domain without spitting out the DOM blah blah blah error.

I did consider the cost of Chevereto and happily paid you for the script... It just bugged me about third party scripts.. not sure why there is not a gallery admin script built in to remove inappropriate images that get uploaded to my server.. I guess my option's are slim.

Its one of those venting at 2am things.. The cost of Chevereto should be about $250 and the cost of the module script should be $100.

I guess I picked the wrong people to complain to. :) your just trying to make a few bucks on to buy some pints.

kylekeith said:
Marketplace was not the proper place...

I upgraded to 2.x due to the current free script after the last update would not fun on www. and the root domain without spitting out the DOM blah blah blah error.

I did consider the cost of Chevereto and happily paid you for the script... It just bugged me about third party scripts.. not sure why there is not a gallery admin script built in to remove inappropriate images that get uploaded to my server.. I guess my option's are slim.

Its one of those venting at 2am things.. The cost of Chevereto should be about $250 and the cost of the module script should be $100.

I guess I picked the wrong people to complain to. :) your just trying to make a few bucks on to buy some pints.

In about a month, the admin panel will be release from chevereto, so their won't be additionnal costs releated to it.

Danny.Domb said:
In about a month, the admin panel will be release from chevereto, so their won't be additionnal costs releated to it.

Agreed, however it's a File Manager and not an Admin Panel like Lautaro's. V1.7 of the AUS:Admin Panel (Advanced User System) will have:

1) IP Logging
2) IP Blocking
3) User Registration
4) News System
5) Image Manager
6) Image Stats

and lot's more. I know these features will eventually work their way into the Chevereto core, but Rodolfo is just one man!

I'm not agree with the prices and policies behind some mods or templates cost but that is complete independent from me and I don't ask that they follow my lead. They must have their solid reason to charge certain amount for upgrades and so on. The only thing that I ask is that you make the difference because you are putting the whole project in the same bag.

Rodolfo said:
I'm not agree with the prices and policies behind some mods or templates cost but that is complete independent from me and I don't ask that they follow my lead. They must have their solid reason to charge certain amount for upgrades and so on. The only thing that I ask is that you make the difference because you are putting the whole project in the same bag.

Well said. Chevereto is the base script and has plenty of solid, well built and stable features. The themes and mod on here are addons that are totally optional.

maybe I should be interested in the full Advanced User System..
but running a free image upload site is a pain when people keep uploading pictures of children nude modeling.. I keep turning it over to my local police but they do nothing except hassle me and threaten the seizure of my servers

I just want to delete images that are stupid.. without downloading and reviewing them to my own systems which can get me in trouble.

kylekeith said:
maybe I should be interested in the full Advanced User System..
but running a free image upload site is a pain when people keep uploading pictures of children nude modeling.. I keep turning it over to my local police but they do nothing except hassle me and threaten the seizure of my servers

I just want to delete images that are stupid.. without downloading and reviewing them to my own systems which can get me in trouble.

I do like every images upload will insert to database with the information like:
+ Images name
+ Approve status ( default to not approve)
Then I create the page to display all the images and with 4 button. One is approve all, one is deleted all not approve, approve, delete.
I just need to check everyday.

I do the approve and not approved things to make the page when managing not load to hard. If I display all the images at the time, it will such a horrible ( I have 3gb of images right now, it take about haft hours to load all the images thumbs with my internet).

Back