• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💾 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Option to switch first/last name

szepesif

Chevereto Member
If I log in with Facebook Chevereto will store my full name in the database. In Hungary we use our names in a different way (we write our surname first). For example my name is Ferenc Szepesi, but in Hungary we write it as Szepesi Ferenc.

Currently Chevereto shows it as "Album: Szepesi's images" ("Album: Szepesi képei"), but it's not correct. It should show it as "Album: Ferenc's images" ("Album: Ferenc képei").

If you could implement an option to switch the first/last name that would be a great help for the hungarian users.

Reactions: SMP
And option to choose first, last or full name would be nice i think

Not needed, users can change their names anytime.

Yes, they can, but most of them won't. It's just simply not convenient for the hungarian users and it has to work out-of-the-box for us. Everyone would like to see his/her first name in the album name without any extra tweaking. I would like an admin dropdown where I can simply switch the names so all of the linked accounts would display them correctly everywhere. It's not just my request, I have a forum thread for my site and this is the change that most of my users suggested.

Please consider it, it would help us a lot.

Now I understand. Sure, I will add it for 3.6.1

Reactions: SMP
Correction, I won't add this to 3.6.1 I don't know where I can get an index that shows me the right order according each different language.

The Hungarian language normally puts family names first, except for foreign names, in Hungarian speech and text.[3] Some Hungarian surnames relate to professions, for example SzabĂł "tailor," KovĂĄcs "smith," HalĂĄsz "fisher." Other surnames relate to non-Magyar ethnic origin. For example, common Hungarian surnames include NĂ©meth "German," HorvĂĄt "Croat," TĂłth an outdated term for "Slovak" (now SzlovĂĄk in modern Hungarian), OlĂĄh an outdated term for "Wallachian", and Lengyel "Polish."[4]

And it seems that I won't be able to find an index for this, it needs a manual user switch.

Ive got hungarian users too and nobody had any issues yet
what is your website ? would like to have a look if possible (im Hungarian too)

Last edited:
Back