• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Option to disallow username login changes.

jd3101

Chevereto Member
I think it would be good if the admin dashboard settings had a option to disable/enable username changing, would prevent people from changing names to hide something.

I don't really see the need for this. I mean, this is not just what you need but what you users wants. Almost every service allows you to change your username and if you disavow that users won't use your service.

I don't really see the need for this. I mean, this is not just what you need but what you users wants. Almost every service allows you to change your username and if you disavow that users won't use your service.

True, but it could get confusing.
Maybe there could be a feature to restrict to only 1 username change, say every month? This would avoid mass username changes.
And also a "past usernames" feature to show what other people were known as before?

I don't think so. I mean I can add the option but is something totally odd.

Well if people were to change their users names every day, and other users had already remembered their original user name it would be hard to find them again if you get what I mean

Yes but if you see everywhere all the services allows you that. Is called freedom of choice.

Back