• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

On system verification (legit installs)

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Current Chevereto release (2.X) uses a very old way to validate the system license, basically I "hide" some strings in the content/system folder. This means that every legit installation must have a content/system folder untouched and from the original ZIP source. DO NOT use a pirated folder because the website checker may throw me that your site is illegal.

On Chevereto V3 the system is totally different and it doesn't rely in a folder. It will have its own file (most likely license.php) so in that case the thing will be the same, use the file provided in the download. Advice: This system can't be nulled, any alteration or editing will label the installation as illegal, you can learn more of the system here: http://rodolfoberrios.com/post/37122201608/a-system-to-stop-being-nulled Seriusly, the script could be used but it can't fool a pirated installation as legit, no matter how much you know about code.

Hope that you can collaborate.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I read your blog post but I still don't understand how it works. What prevents someone from removing all the code that depends on this system?

I read your blog post but I still don't understand how it works. What prevents someone from removing all the code that depends on this system?
If the code isn't there then I assume that the installation is illegal. If someone edit the file or remove the access the system can keep working but the installation is labeled as ilegal. Any illegal installation can be takendown due to my license agreement so the only thing that I need is a system that helps me to find more quickly and safe if an installation is illegal or not.

The whole thing will work with encryption and hashes so it can't be fooled. The system can't be nulled (even V2 can't be nulled) then I can tell when an installation is legit or not, and send complains and all the stuff. I've takedown more than 500 websites and with V3 that number will grow. The system won't print "legit", it will only print a challenge token which is proccessed in Chevereto.com and the result of the validation is only shown in Chevereto.com so the actual final key needed is never sent to the target website. People will try to put whatever, that means instant red flag and the only way to not be labeled as illegal is by keeping a valid client credentials there but if you do that I will soon notice 200 installs on the same user and then ban him.

This system needs a discovery system that finds installations out there using Chevereto. And that thing is done. Sooner or later all the pirated installations are on my list.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! Sounds like a really good system. I guess what I was wondering about most was the discovery system and how you would find the sites using the illegal installs. Can't wait for V3!

Back