• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Next/Previous buttons

Oakley

💖 Chevereto Fan
This was pointed out by a couple of users and I discounted it at first but now I think they have a point. It does not relate to any specific version.

Basically if you view an album then the images in that album display underneath. It defaults to the "Most Recent" view like this:

XXV.jpg

However, when you view the first image there is only the "Previous" button, like this:

XXJ.jpg

My users have pointed out that when you view the album you look at the images from left to right. Consequently, it seems logical to use the right hand button (next) to view the "next" image.

Basically they are saying it's not intuitive and "back to front", they would expect to use a navigation button on the right because this is how they viewed the album content.

Why I suspect it's like this is because "Most Recent" is time based. Consequently, in relation to time the next older image would be the via the "previous" button (previous being older). Thats quite logical but from a viewers perspective it's not naturally intuitive, they instinctively look for a button on the right as thats where the "next" image was when they viewed the album as a whole.

As I say I never noticed this before but now I think they have a point.

Just wonder what others think :)

I'm 100% with you, it's counter-productive to have the most recent view as default for albums. Especially for non-technical users.
It should be sorted by Oldest by default. TBH i'm looking for a way to remove both Recent & Most Viewed from within album views.

Open /app/routes/route.album.php

Search for, and change:
Code:
$list->setSortOrder($list_params['sort'][1]); // asc | desc
to
Code:
$list->setSortOrder('asc'); // asc | desc

If you also want to remove the other views from displaying, you can add the following to custom css section (this will remove them from all views btw!):
#list-most-recent-link { display: none; }
#list-most-viewed-link { display: none; }

Back