• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

New User, First Time Questions

RyanTranquil

Chevereto Member
Hey All,

I had a few questions before purchasing tonight. I spent some time reviewing the website and part of the community, so forgive me if these questions have been answered already. I will number them out for better organization:

1. For Hosting purposes, has this script been able to function on the Amazon EC2 system? Currently our company uses Amazon AWS exclusively for all projects, and it would be great to use this script on one of EC2 instances. We will than use S3 for actual file hosting, and Cloudfront for CDN distribution.

2. For Coding purposes, how customizable is the script? We have on staff full time developers, and a full list of features we would like implemented into the script. Can I simply give them the code, and they can go to work, or is the script code not accessible to outside development?

Example: We want to completely build out the backend for users and administrators for better management and analytic tracking purposes (we do not use Google, and instead use Omniture)

3. For Design purposes, the same as question #2, we want to implement completely new frontend and backend UI. We also have on staff full time graphic/visual design resources available.

4. For application development, how accessible is the API functionality for this script?

Example: We have several partner applications that rely on 3rd party image hosting, and we would instead like them to update their iOS and Android apps to take advantage of our new image hosting site (better for branding and client compatibility in the long run).

I know some of these questions are probably more generalized, but any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,
Ryan

1. Some users have claimed that they have integrated amazon and other CDN. I don't know how they did it but that at least told us that is possible.
2. Highly customizable. You are free to make any changes you need with the condition that you can't release those changes and include Chevereto. You can't modify Chevereto and re-sell or give it away.
3. The system has a theme engine very similar to Wordpress. If you want to change it you can do it.
4. You will need to add an API key access for multiple clients to keep a record of the use of the api (or limit it). Current API can be extended and it works only with 1 key.

Cheers,

Hi Rodolfo,

Perfect thank you for the response.

On a side note per the customizations, we plan for these to be purely used for our own system and will not resell them.

I will make the purchase tonight.

Thanks,
Ryan

Back