• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Awaiting feedback Need help with setting up on VPS

TriHoang

Chevereto Member
So yesterday I decided to move from shared hosting to VPS since perform better and more cost efficient.
I installed nginx, php5-fpm and MariaDB on this VPS and it seem all working.

I am able to upload images but it get an "500 Internal error" on the "/uploaded/" page.
I not able to access admin panel.
When access the website, I need to add /index.php, otherwise, I get "403 forbidden" error.

The url to my website on this VPS is
Code:
http://atlanta.titank.com
http://atlanta.titank.com/index.php

Please help me with this, thank you!

Last edited:
I re-installed fresh OS with nginx + apache2 (proxy setup) + MariaDB.
The problem seem like getting better, I can directly access to my page without "index.php" now and no server error or anything.
However, when I upload an image, it redirect me to "/uploaded/" but nothing happen.
And admin panel is just a blank page.

Please help me again, thank you!

Hmm try to enable error reporting. most likely is a session issue. Go to includes/config.php and search for error_reporting.

I just enabled error reporting.
And I found this error in "/admin/"
PHP:
Fatal error: Call to private method Handler::redirect() from context 'AdminHandler' in /var/www/admin/includes/classes/class.adminhandler.php on line 47

And I am currently using PHP 5.4.4

Last edited:
Try changing private to protected in private function redirect() in class.handler.php

Last edited:
Try chnaging private to protected in private function redirect() in class.handler.php
I did it but nothing happen.

PHP:
    protected function redirect($to, $status=301)
    {
        $to = preg_replace('|[^a-z0-9-~+_.?#=&;,/:%!]|i', '', $to);
        if(php_sapi_name() != 'cgi-fcgi') status_header($status);
        header("Location: $to");
        die();
    }

If you need FTP access (or SSH), I will give you.

So I decided to only use Apache and will set up nginx for storage server once multi-server available.
But now I run into this problem.
After the file finish upload, it redirect to "/uploaded/" but it get "404 Not Found".
And when access the admin panel, after I put in my password and enter, it keep loading and nothing happen.

Please help, thank you!

Last edited:
I will just stick with apache for now so it all solved.
Hope that chevereto multi-server will work on nginx.
Thank you!

Actually Chevereto works with nginx but the issue with pure nginx is that it doesn't use .htaccess and many goodies from Apache are not present in nginx.

if you want to only use nginx (or Lighttpd, etc) you need to workaround the .htaccess rewrite rules so the server can understand what to do for the URL rewritting.

Best thing, at this time and not just for Chevereto, is use the Apache proxy setup.

Regarding multisvers, they won't need URL rewriting so any server that can run PHP will work.

Back