• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Need help regarding storage of images

broly

Chevereto Noob
Hi There,

I have to build a local community website and have a couple of questions for before i buy chevereto. Will be great if someone from support could help me answer these questions.

1) How are the images stored on server - Is it using the file system or database or a mix of both (metadata for images + actual files) ?
2) The demo shown on chevereto site at is just for uploading the images and admin demo is for managing the images. How the end users will see those images/gallery and share them, is there a link for that i.e. gallery without sign-in.
3) What is the format of request / response for API access? Is it REST ful with XML response
4) Can the api only be used for uploading images? How about accessing the dynamically changing data/images from the database on runtime using the API?
5) Is there any caching mechanism implemented in chevereto?
6) Are there any plugins available in chevereto to share the images on social site like facebook/twitter etc by users?
7) Are there any design documents available to review the flow of application and can i request any sort of customization at some extra cost?

Please post a link to actual demo of the application if available instead of just how images will be posted.

Thanks for help

1. The system works only with actual files, either stored in datefolders (YYYY/MM/DD) or just in /folder
2. Full admin panel will be released in V3
3. API response info here: http://chevereto.com/docs#!api-response
4. In this version (2.X) the API is just for upload images. V3 will have a full API
5. Nope.
6. I don't know exactly what you mean. There is simple sharing (click to share) integration. Is that what you ask?
7. There is no doc about the flow (basically is a model based in the front-end controller handled by class.handler.php). Customizations? It depends in what exactly you and and how much a re you willing to pay.

Actual demo is here: http://demo.chevereto.com/ What kind of demo are you looking for?

Back