• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• ๐Ÿ˜Œ This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • ๐Ÿ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • ๐Ÿ’ธ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• โš ๏ธ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • โœ… Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • ๐Ÿ”ฅ Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • ๐Ÿ“š Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Navigation not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMP

๐Ÿ’– Chevereto Fan
Issue:
The site navigation is not working as it should be in classic navigation but its normal in endless navigation.

For example the navigation link

website.com/(something)/?list=albums&sort=views_desc&page=number&seek=832.WQ
is being linked as in every page of site
website.com/(something)/?page=number&seek=832.WQ

In search the navigation link

website.com/search/images/?q=image&page=2&seek=7CW
is being shown as
website.com/search/images/?page=2&seek=7CW

Simply it doesn't show up sort or query part in url and it takes to first tab image from albums or users tab when navigated.

How to find out where the issue is?

Last edited:
Kindly navigate on these pages

storemypic.com/explore/trending/?list=albums&sort=views_desc&page=1
storemypic.com/search/images/?q=kind

Doesn't happens on the demo. Make sure that you have pushed any template/system file changes in your installation.

Have replaced with original files and checked htaccess files but cant find where the issue occurs.

Also logs show following errors

PHP Deprecated: strpos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior class.search.php on line 47
PHP Warning: The use statement with non-compound name 'Exception' has no effect route.json.php line 18

Last edited:
It is very odd indeed, are you sure that the overrides are updated? (if any).

I will like to know where is the issue, can someone else confirm if this is a issue? With that I have more chances to narrow down the problem without having to enter in someone's server.

Can you confirm that that this happens only in that listing?

I will like to know where is the issue, can someone else confirm if this is a issue? With that I have more chances to narrow down the problem without having to enter in someone's server.
I have reviewed my instances and have failed to detect this error in any of three installations.

It concerns with me around:
- live version
- Developer version, where I only perform tests for the live version
- Fresh installation for comparison to the standard.

Have the page break set to "Classic" and then uploaded more images with the same name to test the search function.

Action:
  1. Enter the following in the search field: img
    Output: /search/images/?Q=img
  2. page forward
    Output: /search/images/?Q=img&page=2&seek=TLrc
  3. page forward
    Output: /search/images/?q=img&page=3&seek=T0rI
  4. Click on the link in the navigation "Album".
    Output: /search/albums/?q=img&page=1
  5. Click on the link in the navigation "Pictures"
    Output: /search/images/?q=img&page=1
  6. Test ended because no errors occurred.
The only thing that surprises me is the value "seek=" which is constantly changing.

Last edited:
Have installed a fresh copy on another domain to check with and same issue occurs.
As I said, I have tested on the following systems:
- Live version - incl. Cloudflare
- Developer version - without Cloudflare
- Fresh installation - without cloudflare

Everything on the same server: Apache, MariaDB, php7.3 + 7.2

I assume that it is the configuration of your server.

Maybe you use nginx, which requires a different configuration.
Alternatively, I can only recommend Nginx for now deactivate and work only with Apache.
Alternatively I could give them a personal access to one of my webspace. So you have the opportunity to test it there.

Edit;
It may also be an attitude of Cloudflare with them.
Alternatively, you could test working temporarily without Cloudflare.

There are so many reasons why this mistake is caused. But the script itself is definitely not.

As I said, I have tested on the following systems:
- Live version - incl. Cloudflare
- Developer version - without Cloudflare
- Fresh installation - without cloudflare

Everything on the same server: Apache, MariaDB, php7.3 + 7.2

I assume that it is the configuration of your server.

Maybe you use nginx, which requires a different configuration.
Alternatively, I can only recommend Nginx for now deactivate and work only with Apache.
Alternatively I could give them a personal access to one of my webspace. So you have the opportunity to test it there.

Edit;
It may also be an attitude of Cloudflare with them.
Alternatively, you could test working temporarily without Cloudflare.

There are so many reasons why this mistake is caused. But the script itself is definitely not.

I tested it out on one running on Apache 2.4, PHP (7.3, 7.2, 7.1), MySQL 5.7.28

Hmm well, that's the same thing.
So much I know myself with the possibilities why it does not work out not synonymous.

But I still have the following theory ....
  • Cloudflare can be a cause
  • Maybe modsecurity on the server
  • or another server setting responsible for removing "?q=".

Alternatively, you could do the following:
  • - Create a subdomain on your server ...
    xyz.YOURDOMAIN.com
  • Leave an A / AAAA entry on Cloudflare for this subdomain (DNS only) without proxy
  • Disable all security policies on your server for exactly this subdomain (ModSecurity etc)
  • Reinstall the script on this subdomain.

Sorry more possibilities do not come to mind.
A server is so complex because only the administrator of the server can give more precise information on what it is.

Therefore, my recommendation for the time being to install the script without any additional settings and gradually activate the settings again until you found out what the problem is caused.

However, the tests should then be done with the standard theme without a change being made to it.
Because even me it has already happened that after changes to any functions no longer did.

Finally it was some problem with the server software update... something went wrong. Need to look into it deeper now. Software and chevereto update at a time made it complex.

Unfortunately, this ticket has more than seven days without a reply or feedback from the original poster. We will now consider this ticket abandoned and its now closed.

Don't hesitate to create a new ticket if this matter is still causing you issues.

Ticket closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back