• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Must have features

Barry

💖 Chevereto Fan
I am not trying to be a smartass here, but I am running v3.20 without any issues.

What are you guys seeing as the "must have" feature that is driving your upgrade to v4? I understand that v3 will be End of Support soon, so other than that, are there features that you need/want that prompted the upgrade?

• user API
  • faster listing without annoying load spinner
  • better login providers
  • php8 support
  • Cleaner overall code
  • 2 factor authentication
  • Better UI (However it still needs improvements in some areas specially mobile layout)
To name a few things that I loved.
In future (v4.1) it will have video support, which I would love to have on the website because down the road I want to build auto sync feature for mobile device using user API. So video support out of the box will be amazing.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am not seeing that 'killer' feature right now.

With the video uploads, that would be a game changer, but from comments from @Rodolfo I understand it will be implemented as a player, with no transcoding of video, so MP4 for 4.1.

@Barry

We have a detailed list with the changes in V4.0, I've also published on my blog my personal feature highlight. What's more "killer" depends on your use case.

For me keyboard shortcuts and faster listings enable me to perform faster moderation which I really need on the demo and these "seconds" becomes meaningful when you have to moderate thousand images per week. Also, Project Arachnid protects the demo from CSAM which is really really really annoying to deal without that.

There are also derivative benefits on every feature added. For example, faster listings not only means that the visitor engages more, it also means better SEO score as your websites loads way faster now. These websites should improve their rankings a little bit, and if you are in that game the early bird always win.

Back