• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• šŸ˜Œ This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • šŸ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • šŸ’ø Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Multiple servers

anyimg

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I have 3 servers
My website on server 1
I want to move files (when uploaded) to the server 2
When the server 2 is full. I want to add the server 3

Why is not there such a system?
Add server at any time and simply.

In fact I do not care for CDN
I care about is the possibility of adding an unlimited number of servers.
Like xfilesharing pro

CDN is not the same as storage service. CDN is for distribution, not storage. Is a normal misunderstanding of Amazon S3. By the way, note this:

In the future I want to add our own alternative which for now I call it ā€œChevereto Server Storageā€ which is an HTTP server-client script that you can install in spare servers to use them as storage with processing in remote so the main website server doesnā€™t get over used uploading images. Basically it will take the uploading components to a remote server and host the files there then map it to the main server. This infrastructure also allows you to add a CDN to each one of this machines so at the end you could save a lot of money.

The multi-servers for me is not just add servers as storage machines but as machines that leverage the machine load (CPU, RAM, Network) for the main website. Otherwise the overall benefits are not that dramatic you are just adding network hard disks.

By the way, if you are serious about a large website you should strongly consider how a CDN can benefit your website. Like I said, CDN is about delivery and it boost a lot the website performance.

Last edited:
Back