• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Moving over from CF image host (Chevereto 2.2) - WORK IN PROGRESS

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
This is a update of the guide to move from CF image host to Chevereto 2.2 but this time I will be more detailed about the process.

What we are going to do?
We will do a little set-up to make Chevereto run the update tool with the CF image files. This files will be work as usual and they will get moved to the /old directory (just like update from Chevereto 2.0).

First step: Move the files
You will need to move the uploaded files to the Chevereto image dir. The default dir is /images but this is up to you (your folder could be /i, /img, etc). So the result is that a file like /di-file.png which is actually /file.png on the disk will be now in /images/file.png

Second step: Run the update tool
At this point Chevereto will believe that this files comes from 2.0 and not from this CF crap image host script. Once the process is completed, all the files will be in /old and Chevereto will map the /images/file.png request to /images/old/file.png

Third step: Do the .htaccess magic
So, thing is that the images are there on the dB but what about the old request? No problem, you will need to add a rule in the Chevereto's root .htaccess (place it just below the api rule).

Code:
RewriteRule ^di-(.*)?$ images/old/$1 [L]

Take care to use the correct images folder.

Done!, You should be on the killer Chevereto!

PS: This guide is a Work in Progress. Please try it and ask me if you got any problems with it. Also if you have managed to do the migration please post your success history.

Well, this is an old thread but I'm gonna ask anyway.

Currently, I'm running CF Image hosting script 1.65 since I wanted to try something different than Chevereto (shame on me, never tried any other image hosting script)
Would it be possible for me to follow this guide, and then update to the latest Chevereto version?

Like this: CF Image Hosting Script 1.65 -> Chevereto 2.2 -> Chevereto 2.5.9 -> Chevereto 3.0? If not, I would really appreciate a guide to go from CF to Chevereto 3.0. :)

Tried this on localhost without success. I'm not very familiar with .htaccess modifications. Can someone explain this a bit more detailed? Should I upload Chev 2.2 to my rootfolder where my CF imagecrap files are? Or in different folders? My imagelinks are not like this di-xxxx, they looks like this myurl.com/?pm=6CZU

I want to run Chevereto as main ofcourse, how should I do it and where should I place old images? Please clearify. Thanks

I am prepared to pay any person who can write me a detailed guide. Chevereto 3.0 looks so freakin' good I just have to run it, but dont wanna lose my ~500 images....

This is what my structure looks like:
CF Crap script installed in root dir
Images hosted in /upload/images/ (filenames like this xxxx.jpg/gif/etc)
Links looks like this: http://mywebsite.tld/image.php?di=SGG6

Anyone got migrating from CF to Chevereto to work? I dont wanna lose all images..

@Rodolfo do you have a guide on how to migrate from CF to Chev? Think last time I asked in another thread (6months+ ago) you said it will be avaliable in the documentation sometime, but I havent found any yet. :(

Back