• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Moving Chevereto to another Host

Serverology

Chevereto Member
Hi, may I have some instruction for moving my website to another host?
anything specific need to be done?
Thank you.

You will need to backup all your files from the original website. For instance if your website is in /public_html you will need to backup all that files, in that case the best is to generate a compressed file like a gzip in a non public directory (/home for instance). Then you will also need to backup your MySQL database and for that you can use the command line or phpmyadmin.

You will have more easier ways to do it if you are running cPanel where you can generate a full backup then just restore it in the new server. You will need to update the database connection information in the app/settings.php file.

If you feel comfortable with SSH you can use rsync command to move all the contents from server to server directly, then import the .sql to the new server sql.

thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I'm actually running MySQL on a remote server, so all I need to do is zip the whole website folder and move to the new host, is that right?

Considering that the remote server will allow that incoming connection and that the new server won't block the outgoing connection then yes, it will work.

Back