• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Most Wanted Plugins for Chevereto 2.0

Cory

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I'm interested what would be the most interesting plugin(s) that you would like created and released?

Here's a list of idea's, I've considered.

MySQL Plugin
This plugin will add all images to a database, connect with the API and can further functionality with other created plugins, such as listing that last 3 images from a table. A lot use can come from this plugin.

User System
Allow users register and add images to there account, I've read there is already a plugin created and will be released soon, don't know how it works - but if it works of MySQL, this can be an addition to alter to a MySQL Plugin.

Zip Uploader
Upload Images from a Zip File (Self-Explanatory)

If not a 'Zip Uploader', maybe a Flash Uploader to support multiple uploads.

Possibly with the API already built-in, creating a 'Desktop Applet' to allow support for multiple uploads.

This goes along the lines of MySQL Plugin, but a converter script from other image hosting scripts. (Currently, Use one that has User System, Admin Panel, MySQL) Not very many mods and appears to be no longer supported as they said 3.0 would be out soon. (Scripteen Free Image Host) One thing it really lacks is 'Template Design' literary would have to design your site with the PHP Code, 3.0 fixes that, but waiting a year is too long.

I do have one thing, I'm working on - It's not a plugin per say, more of a solution.

If you have any other ideas for plugins too be added, let me or any other coder know and we might just release it. :)

Currently there is no official plugin system. This means that any method that you use at this moment is not fully documented and need that you know a bit more of PHP. I always look at what are you doing regarding plugins because it tells me what things you want and the plugin system made by Danny looks nice.

All the functionalities (exept the zip upload) are on the roadmap, but as I say over and over, things need to be done properly imo. Right now I'm dealing with bugs and small implementations of the road. There have been a lot of bugfixes on the 2.0.X releases and this have been done in very short time period (less than a week time for every release) probably you have even noticed it because I think that I'm doing a good job killing those bugs, and also because every major release have a lot release activity when it comes out.

Back in the topic... I don't quite understand why you want the ZIP upload functionality because Chevereto 2 supports multiupload right now. I know that it can be more easy to just zip a folder then uploadit but that can be achieved using less server resources with a desktop app in i.e. in Air.

It would be nice to look more activity on the API field because is the most powerfull feature of the script regarding extending functionalities and inegrating this into a custom app.

Well, you can make a poll in the Ideas and suggestions forum when more people comes out with more ideas ;)

Back