• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Monetizing Chevereto

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

I've just published a blog entry where I explain with detail how do I pretend to monetize Chevereto V4.

Being honest, I have been preparing this for a while already... imagine that the "addon store" idea is old as 2017? Is just that I required to re-build the entire software to allow plugins in order to make that a feasible business and to be able to tell you about it.

There are many new things on the horizon, hope you can take a look as the software and the project is turning towards a way bigger (and better) system.

Feel free to comment about it, I want to know your thoughts.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

This is really nice, I think this is the right direction for Chevereto.

I have few suggestions.

1. Managed Chevereto: Inline with the Infra management, but everything end to end will be managed by the service provider. This includes hosting, deployment, server management, updates, fixing technical issues etc. In sense the site owner never ever had to worry about anything server related or Chevereto install related. Just manage the site as Chevereto admin and focus on growing the site.

There is good opportunity for this market. I already offer this for an app developer who is using Chevereto as a online image hosting platform to host the images from his app. I was thinking to expanding this further to more users. I see many newbies here struggle with the severe related stuff as well making it difficult for you to sell and support the product.

2. Paid Features/Addon: This idea was floated few years back. More like adding a price tag for some of the features requested. There are some feature requests pending for several years either due to lack of interest from others or due to technical complexities. However, some of us are ready to pay for these features to be developed. Also, this can be more like a crowd funding were multiple users contribute money for this feature to be developed. This will also help attract third party developers who are ready to do this for a payment.

3. Paid Support: I think you already covered this. This could be further expanded to allow others to offer paid support to fix server issues or configure Chevereto/server as per requirement. More like hiring a server expert on Chevereto.

Back