• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Modify the organization of the image url link

chunqiu

Chevereto Noob
The current image generation url link is in the form of website address + date + picture name. I want to modify the form directly using the website address + picture name. What should I do?
Ps: The current picture name seems to be an md5 value. Can I use the picture name when uploading directly?

This is my setup:

I want the image to be the name of the image I uploaded before the link used for the markdown file. I hope that the image content can be identified directly using the link name.
But I can't achieve this effect by setting the "File naming method". I am a free version.
How can I achieve this?

ps: I don't know why I uploaded the picture here and it has failed.

setup.jpgB5E047D2-40EF-4C73-B563-AF86CBE74EA1.jpg

Attachments

• C718BA52-8D39-412B-9C11-5A1E4EAD54B6.jpg
    C718BA52-8D39-412B-9C11-5A1E4EAD54B6.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 12
"Original" will try to keep the image source name while "Random" will generate a random name. "ID" will name the image just like the image ID.

Try means "it will use original file name, but if the file already exists, it will switch file naming". Also, this setting doesn't go backwards, it won't change old file names to match your current setting.

The only way to change old filenames is doing it manually, both files and the DB.

Like I said, it will TRY to use the original filename but if another file has the same filename it has to pick another filename.

You are mixing terms, that's why nobody understand you. The actual file is one thing, the viewer url is something totally different.

You can't have viewer URL the same as the image URL.

This is starting to annoy me. I don't know what is wrong with what we have already told you many times already.

Let's say that you upload a file named "Fantasmón_sin_sus_lentes-Los_veo_allá.png" and your file naming is set to original. What happens is that the system will generate URLs like these:

1540654115446.png

If you or someone else uploads a filename with the exact same name (and at the same day when you use data folders) the thing can't use the original name because there's ANOTHER file already with that name. So the thing mixes the original name with a random string:

1540654217081.png

TL;DR: Long as the filename already exists in the target upload folder, the thing will have to append a random string to the newly uploaded file.

If you change the file naming method the changes will only affect NEW UPLOADS, old content won't be updated to match your current file naming by any means. The filename is static and won't change if you alter your settings or if you edit the image values. The filename has to be fixed and permanent and its value is taken directly from the original image. Users can't pick the name, it will take it from the actual filename.

Please do me a favor and understand how the thing works because I took the time to explain this to you with enough detail. Either you just want to annoy me or, well... anyone can make their own judgement here.

Reactions: twm
This is starting to annoy me. I don't know what is wrong with what we have already told you many times already.

Let's say that you upload a file named "Fantasmón_sin_sus_lentes-Los_veo_allá.png" and your file naming is set to original. What happens is that the system will generate URLs like these:

View attachment 1927

If you or someone else uploads a filename with the exact same name (and at the same day when you use data folders) the thing can't use the original name because there's ANOTHER file already with that name. So the thing mixes the original name with a random string:

View attachment 1928

TL;DR: Long as the filename already exists in the target upload folder, the thing will have to append a random string to the newly uploaded file.

If you change the file naming method the changes will only affect NEW UPLOADS, old content won't be updated to match your current file naming by any means. The filename is static and won't change if you alter your settings or if you edit the image values. The filename has to be fixed and permanent and its value is taken directly from the original image. Users can't pick the name, it will take it from the actual filename.

Please do me a favor and understand how the thing works because I took the time to explain this to you with enough detail. Either you just want to annoy me or, well... anyone can make their own judgement here.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, I have solved the problem because of your help.

I saw your picture and logged in at https://demo.chevereto.com Try uploading the image, it behaves the same as you described, but it is different from my website.

The "image URL" generated by uploading images from my website is not a file name but a value similar to Md5, but I also set the file name to "original" as you said.

So I thought that my website differs from https://demo.chevereto.com in that I want to create a website that belongs to me and not allow others to use it, so I set my privacy settings to be private. I guess maybe there is a problem here, so I started the adjustment test and I finally found the problem.
1540716625814.png
1540716647678.png
If you set "Content privacy mode" to "default", the file name will be displayed in the "image URL" as you said. Otherwise, in order to protect privacy, the file name is modified to a 32-character value similar to md5.

Thank you again for your help.

Back